Software
Houzz Logo Print
nikki43

We hate our new marble counters

12 years ago
When we met with the fabricator, she asked us what we liked about the slabs and what we liked least. I said I wanted the brown splotches to show as little as possible, in other words, not in the front. On both counters, the brown splotches are front and center. While we at the fabricators, she fiddled with the photos on her computer while we watched. Neither of us remembers the brown being so prominent but we were sitting far back from the computer and were more focused on the process. I can't remember, but I suspect we signed something that approved so I figure we're simply out of luck. The contractor is currently on vacation so we're waiting until he comes back to contact the people who did the work. (We bought the marble from one company; a second company did the fabrication, including "brushing" the marble.) Meanwhile, other than paying for these to be removed and starting all over again (which will be a disaster on our already depleted bank account) is there anything we can do to cover them? Any and all suggestions are welcome. (Decoupage? Paint? The Golden Gate Bridge?)

Comments (5)