Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stellanator

Has anyone installed a Du Chateau floor? Having any problems with it?

stellanator
10 years ago
We are thinking of installing Du Chateau floors (the Heritage Timber collection Trestle color) in our kitchen, eating area and family room. I'm concerned about splinters or slivers. Has anyone had good or bad luck with these floors? Thanks

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    10 years ago
    Its a very fast growing brand with impressive profits right now despite the economy. Oiled finishes are beautiful.
  • k_mullarky
    6 years ago

Hi,I'm considering the exact floor in my entire first floor. Did you end up using it? If so what do you think?

• Mary Spada
    5 years ago

I posted this on another thread, but thought that this might be of benefit in response to your question as well. We do NOT recommend Du Chateau products nor their brand - with 2 dogs and 2 boys at our home along the lake - their engineered wood flooring does NOT hold up to our version of normal wear & tear. We purchased it in light of the LEED certification and the sustainability, balanced by representations of its durability and easy care. In reality, the floor scratches extremely easily ... the maintenance products are ridiculously expensive ... and there was no consistency in quality in the materials purchased for our ~2Ksf space dining/living/great room. We are literally walking on eggshells with our floors at a price point where we could have easily gone with a number of other quality luxury products. And, be forewarned - any irregularities attributable to their manufacturing/engineering process will NOT be addressed nor even honored by Du Chateau. Their "customer satisfaction" team handles all inquiries and issues with a level of condescension and ridicule that is truly repugnant for a luxury product line. We are hugely disappointed with the Du Chateau product quality and saddened by the lack of integrity of Du Chateau brand.

stellanator thanked Mary Spada
  • HU-228434452
    3 years ago

OMG... I had the exact same experience condescending .

Du Chateau is the worst! My floors were damaged even before we moved in. All the nosing had a softer finish on it. They have to WORST customer service and do not stand by their product. When I called customer service, they actually told me I should have picked a different wood. They offered no remedy except "check your warranty".

Unbelievable!

stellanator thanked HU-228434452
  • stellanator
    Original Author
    3 years ago

we got cold feet and ended up going with a company called Provenza based in California. We've been quite pleased with our floor after 5 years. It does require maintenance but we had to go with an engineered option because of our grade. Sorry to hear about the problems you've had...that's terribly frustrating.