Software
Houzz Logo Print
gbkwdm

India Black Pearl vs Antique Brown with white granite?

12 years ago
I'm doing a 2 tone kitchen very similar to this..white perimeter cabinets and black island. I want to use Colonial White granite on the island. Debating the perimeter. I want to make sure the 2 granites don't create too much business. Thoughts on India Black Pearl vs Antique Brown with Colonial White? I'm doing a simple white subway tile backsplash.
Two Tone Kitchen: Antique Brown Granite & Millennium Cream Granite · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love the black and white color combination! The Indian Black Pearl and Antique Brown Granite are very similar, but the Antique Brown tends to have a little bit of a larger pattern. Personally, I like the way this stone looks and I don't think it would be too busy! Both would be nice though. Good luck on your decision and Happy Decorating!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks so much for your second opinion...and quick response. One more thing, if I may....do you think I'll be happier with Antique Brown or India Black Pearl vs honed absolute black? I have 4 children and they cannot be counted on to clean-up after themselves promptly. :) I've nervous about all the cautionary tales about the honed absolute black.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    As far as cleaning goes, you treat a honed stone the same as polished! However, in your case, I think the subtle pattern on the Antique Brown and India Black Pearl are a good choice for your lifestyle. They will hide spills a little better! :)
  • 9 years ago

    We are redoing our kitchen very similar to this one. Wondering what backsplash they ended up using? We will have Perla Venata on the island and want a bright backsplash against the antique brown granite. Ideas?