Software
Houzz Logo Print
kantonpippin

Need advice on kitchen/family room redo...

12 years ago
I would love some advice on redoing this kitchen and family room. I bought this house a year ago and have decorated around the slate tile that I have never really liked. I now feel like I live in an earth-toned dungeon. I have decided to tear out the slate and put in wood that will match the wood in some of the downstairs rooms. It is dark so I need to lighten everything else up. I plan on refinishing the cabinets, rebuilding the island (two stepped with a curved upper level) encased in wood instead of drywall like the existing island. I also want to encase the arches in this room in wood and molding which will be painted white. I also need to refinish the bookcases in the family room to tie in with the kitchen cabinets. The drapes are a red and tan design as are the pillows on the drabby brown sofa. Color/finish ideas? Thank you so much.

Comments (4)