Software
Houzz Logo Print
jovonnabaca

Hi. Which Ikea cabinets did you use to make the banquette? love.

12 years ago
My Houzz: Modern Annex Renovation · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 12 years ago
    Great idea! Thanks!!
  • 12 years ago
    Just an FYI: Ikea is going to stop selling the Expedit shelves, and replace it sometime in April of this year with something newer and less sturdy. If you want to do this, order it now, or go to Ikea and buy it.
  • 12 years ago
    motownmom- Thanks for the info! I ordered the Expedit shelves from Ikea and I think they are going to work out great. Wonderful idea! ~ Jovonna
  • 12 years ago
    Glad it will work for you Jovonna!
  • 12 years ago
    Could the article author confirm what Ikea furniture was used for the banquette? I noticed the banquette is deeper than the 4-unit high shelves (which I believe are the Expedit/Kallax system). So it doesn't look like it's from the same series. Thanks so much!
  • 11 years ago
    Is the banquet besta?
  • 11 years ago
    I used the Expedit individual cubes which they used to sell. I believe Expedit has been replaced, and I don't know what the replacement is.
  • 11 years ago
    The EXPEDIT shelves have been replaced by the KALLAX series.
  • 11 years ago
    I managed to find a blog post by the homeowner who made the banquette... http://lovingalbany.blogspot.ca/2012/05/behold-kitchen-banquette.html
  • 11 years ago
    Just coming back here to share something I just saw by accident. Pottery Barn has a sale right now on their version of nook seating. It costs more than Ikea's item, but has a more "finished" look:

    http://www.potterybarn.com/products/build-your-own-modular-banquette/?pkey=call-sale&
Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert