Software
Houzz Logo Print
helmyhady

what is the technique of this curtain design

12 years ago
Brownstone Makeover · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 12 years ago
    I would also love to know the technique. Just beautiful!!
  • 12 years ago
    I would also like to know the exact technique.

    I think though I may have figured it out. It may be 7 individual vertical drapery panels with 3 horizontal strips woven into the basket weave idea. The tops of the vertical panels maybe pocketed over the wide rod. The vertical panels could also be double but that would require a fantastic amount of fabric and be really expensive. The rod looks like it might be 4" diameter.

    I would like confirmation though if I am right or not. ;-)
  • 12 years ago
    I would like to know what fabric was used for drapes.
  • 12 years ago
    i think 2 horizontal only also only 4 of verticals are doubled the three in the middle are not
  • 12 years ago
    I still see 3 horizontals. The middle is not as obvious unless you really stare at it.
    Regardless it seems they are not going to tell us how they made these panels, if they have not told us already.

    I am working on a mock up version. I will maybe post it as soon as I have it completed.
  • 12 years ago
    what i meant is the three nodes in the middle are from the same length of the individual vertical panels so i didn't consider it as a horizontal line.
    i wish u good luck
  • 12 years ago
    Has anyone come up with a pattern for these Drapes? I don't sew but I would love to try my hand at doing this window treatment!
  • 12 years ago
    SewQik Enterprises -- do you mean making these sort of like tab tops, just with very long tabs, and then weaving the strips horizontally?
  • 11 years ago
    Has anyone figured out how to pattern the drapes? Very interested to know please.
  • 9 years ago

    Wendy Somerville did you make the mock up and how did it go? I was thinking of taking 7 strips, sewing them together up to a certain line and then weaving other strips across the top. I've been wanting these for a while now.