NEW FRONT DOOR COLOUR

teresatrax
10 years ago
HELP, I have no idea what colour to paint my front door.Thanks

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Your home and property are beautiful. My first inclination would be to use mahogany wood doors but that would require new doors. I like an oxblood red (a brown/red) for doors and I think it would work well with your stone and trim colors.
  • teresatrax
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you, that sounds like a good colour.
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    If eventually you could replace them I think that would be lovely as deborah said above....the style of the doors you have now, don't do the home justice in my opinion.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    For now, I'd match them to the garage door color and plan an upgrade. Something that mimics the arch of your window there on the left might be nice. Any chance you'd consider redoing the porch roof to accommodate a more stylish entry?
  • teresatrax
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    No, sorry to say that we are putting it up for sale this spring. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • teresatrax
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That is stone from northern Ontario. Its called Kingstone.
  • rosecottagehome
    10 years ago
    Love the bottom left door mpoulsom suggested for your home....which is gorgeous BTW! If you are selling it, you may just want to repaint what you have because yourr house has such curb appeal already and a new front door color is all the front needs to sell.
    teresatrax thanked rosecottagehome
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    10 years ago
    Agree with terra cotta or taupe
    teresatrax thanked Studio NOO Design
  • Brian
    10 years ago
    Something similar to the dark red color of whatever is on the front porch by the door would be good. Need to use something *not* like the other colors in the pic...tan, cream, etc. The poor door is lost in the pic!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I think the people suggesting reds are on the right track. Here is mpoulsons suggestion of SW fired brick, and also SW rookwood red and red barn. One a little deeper and the other a little softer. :)
    Click on the first pic to see swatch of all three colors
    teresatrax thanked mefor
  • PRO
    lisa furey interiors
    10 years ago
    I would paint it a brown red - would change the door hardware if you are selling to a dark finish to blend with the lighting - it is the first thing buyers touch as they enter the home - the glass on the doors feels a little dated - consider hanging two matching wreaths in a single color (more tonal) to detract from the glass and call attention to the front entrance - the wreath hanger should be dark bronze as well. Good luck with the sale!
    teresatrax thanked lisa furey interiors
  • PRO
    Kohliron
    10 years ago
    I suggest you don't need to change the color. Or do you mind change the door into wrought iron door.
  • Meghan B
    10 years ago
    Gray blue!
    teresatrax thanked Meghan B
  • LaLennoxa 6a/b Hamilton ON
    10 years ago
    Door looks perfectly fine as is. If you are selling it, let the new owners come in and put their desired colour on it. Unless of course it really is in need of a paint job - then go to town :)
    teresatrax thanked LaLennoxa 6a/b Hamilton ON
  • andj32
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Whatever color you choose, paint the whole door the same color. I think the black and beige accent trim is dating the door along with the glass. Maybe paint the sidelight pieces the same color as the trim and the doors a lighter tone.

Your house is awesome!
    teresatrax thanked andj32
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    andj32 gave you good advice. i concur.
  • Davies Chisenga
    10 years ago
    A red door means welcome. Red gives positive energy, and when you are selling you want people to feel welcome to inspect. The change over will easily attract higher bids.
  • PRO
    garden design online
    10 years ago
    Other COLOR Dont work better,should add a pergola.
  • User
    10 years ago
    More great advice from garden design online.....she says shaking her head and rolling her eyes.