Island

boriskobak
May 10, 2014
Is the island centred with the stove?
Lake Minnetonka Tailored White Kitchen · More Info

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs
    The island is not centered on the stove - I felt it was more important to center the hood between the beams, which are there to hide plumbing and structural support.
  • Wendy Friend

Hi Can you please tell me who makes the cabinets? Are they Dynasty inset?

thanks

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs

The cabinets are made by a small custom cabinet shop in Minneapolis.

• victoriousbutterfly

How big is this kitchen?

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs

The kitchen is 14’ x 15 1/2'

• hillandsam

How big is the island? Is the microwave in the island?

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs

The island is 98" x 44". The microwave is in the island and you can see it in one of the other photos. It's at the end near the cooktop.

• Sumreen M

Liz - the size of the kitchen is 14 x 15.5" after the cabinetry or before? Also with the 44" x 98" island, how much area clearance is there around the island? Thank you.

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs

This kitchen varies in clearance almost everywhere. The perimeter numbers are the size of the room without cabinets. The dining side of the kitchen, opposite the range wall is 188". This creates more space behind the seating of the island. The width of the kitchen at the range end is 176". From the range to the island the measure is 48" but the range protrudes from the cabinetry about 3" to 4", which results in more clearance on either side of the range. From the sink side of the island to the sink wall the measure is 42", the clearance recommended for single cook kitchens. The kitchen jogs on the seating side and varies from 36" at the range end to 52" to the cabinets behind the seating. I hope that helps.

• Sumreen M

Thank you for a detailed reply.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).