Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manvisudan

Decor colour and rug colour help

manvisudan
11 years ago
I just bought new furniture eg sofa.i need help with centre table ideas and colour of rug.i need accessories decor color to.how should i decorate room??what colour theme of paintings ould look good??i have made a theme of white,black and purple...the walls are of purplish shade and sofas is black yarn,the curtains are greyish..plz help

Comments (26)

• PRO
    A Crew of Two
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I am not sure your curtains work with the room. I think they are limiting your choices.I would go with a simple white. Then you can use almost any rug or pillow. I would choose a classic rug in a fun color. A round glass coffee table. I love these ostrich end tables.
    Aina Pair of Curtains, White · More Info
    httz-Over-Dyed-Rug-eclectic-rugs
    Twilight Area Rug · More Info
    Ion Glass Round Coffee Table · More Info
    The Draper End Table, Natural Ostrich · More Info
    Mercury Glass Table Lamp · More Info
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    I agree with Kelly. The first pic of curtains are great, and the Ion glass coffee table is perfect.
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thnx for ideas..i ve ordered black table with glass top...wht more colors can i add to room???wht type of wall decors can i add??mirrors or painting??wht colours???????
  • bumblebee728
    11 years ago
    I love the silver lamp Kelly posted, and that glass top table for your room. What colors to add? You have black, white, purple...soft yellow would be a nice complement, gray would fit in. And the silver counts as color too!
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    Love Kelly's pillow suggestions. The ideas above of silver and golden yellow I think are great. How about an animal print leopard print rug like this photo. It's a neutral, but fun!
    Family Room · More Info
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    I think your dark colored furniture allows a lot of choices. But as you have purple walls and your color scheme set...roll with it! =) You can add small splashed of other colors as well, but with the colors you have chosen, monochromatic seems best.

I thought of this piece for your space...
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    11 years ago
    Sometimes you can get the best look without adding too many colors... silver, gold and white can all add to the look of a room without overpowering it. I also posted a nice grey rug, that wont compete with your draperies.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    White accents of different textures are a great idea. I think purple and silver go well together.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    11 years ago
    Here are some tables from http://www.nycbed.com/ I wasn't sure of what type of tables you wanted so I posted 4 different ones...(the grey and white one slides open for storage)
  • dewilcorporatedesigns
    11 years ago
    Hi there, I would go for a feature wall papered with the attached design, white curtains with black tie backs, a grey fluffy rug, nice big silver framed mirror.
  • PRO
    Joni Koenig Interiors
    11 years ago
    Stat away from a dark carpet. Look at minotti for inspiration and how their room displays look....look at how they use a modern sectional in a room. You room looks cold. Introduce some wood for warmth. Look at how comfy minotti pillow choices are. Stay away from pillows that are cute and over designed. Think simple, classic so that the space doesn't end up looking trendy. The wall color is already rather bold...down play the rest.
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    11 years ago
    i am not sure what kind of art you like and what other colors you would like to bring to the room but you can check out our Houzz page for somei ideas. Enjoy and good luck finishing your room!... Raisa
  • Zainab
    11 years ago
    Change the curtains to a subtle print. If you want an eclectic look. Get a zebra print rawhide rug. Add mixed shades of purple, black greys, silvers through pillows, vases, art etc.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    A few more ideas...
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    i love the prints idea.i think grey shade of rug will do..thnx for lovely suggestions.dats a great help!!!!i hope i do sum good to my room!!!
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    You're welcome! =)

I think a shade of grey will be a great addition to the room. The red one in the photo doesn't really suit it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! angelinavick@ymail.com
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    ya dats an old rug..was folding it to remove it..i will def mail u thnx for heklp
  • loubelou
    11 years ago
    I think your living room is going to be gorgeous. Purple is my favorite color.
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thnx dear.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    Red is my favorite, purple is my second favorite. I have red, purple and gold in my bedroom.
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    You can make your home more Artistic.I hope this can help you to make your home more beautiful. Weclome to my site: Outletarts .com
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    So...what have you decided manvisudan? Pics!
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    in process
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Looking forward to seeing it!
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @outletsart plz send me link...