Software
Houzz Logo Print
melymel45

Dungeon room stuck in the 80's!

12 years ago
So we bought a 1940's Cape that I just love! We are slowly renovating and are big project is the kitchen (can find my post on design dilemma). So since a big chunk of our budget is in the Kitchen right now we had to do something quick and cheap to this room so that I can live with for now. Our long term plan is to make this the mud/laundry room. For now it is the office/homework room... 20x8 space. I am pretty happy with the transformation, considering it only cost us paint :)

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    Longer view and view from kitchen...
  • 12 years ago
    What a difference. Please post how you furnished the room.
  • 12 years ago
    @auntkathy will do!
  • 12 years ago
    Was that lovely brass front hard to take off of the fireplace? I really want to remove ours, but can't really see how it's attached.
  • 12 years ago
    @amy c it was not difficult. There were two screws on the inside that we needed to unscrew and then we pried it off with a jimmy
  • 12 years ago
    Excellent transformation to meet your needs.
  • 12 years ago
    Really made a nice change from a dark, dated room. Looks a million times better.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    very nice!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Looks like a fun and vibrant new room. Would love to see how it comes together with furniture and artwork etc. What accent colour do you plan to use?
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I haven't committed to an accent color yet. I have been toying with aqua with pops of red, or gold.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think aqua would look great in your reinterpreted Cape Cod cottage. Perhaps with pops of yellow instead of gold or red.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    A simple redesign but has a great impact. Good job!
  • 12 years ago
    We thought about yellow, but that is one of the contenders for our entry door colors (post to follow shortly) so we were thinking a color to work off of that. If not used on the doors then may be the pop color we use. Thanks for feedback!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think that's fantastic! Great update. Changed the space completely. Great idea painting the fireplace!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks!! This room is on hold, currently in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Floors were just refinished (they had linoleum over hardwood in kitchen) ... Below is before and after
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great work. Black and white patterns user correctly can really bring life into a room and help it feel a bit bigger.