Software
Houzz Logo Print
10peanut

Please help with my bedroom!

12 years ago
Am looking at a dresser and night stands. Do not really care for matched furniture, the night stands are somewhat different.
Everything goes except the leather elephant and hopefully it does too! Please help me to design my bedroom. Thank you

Comments (55)

  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I love those night stands too but make sure that you measure and bed looks like it is slightly off centered and if you go with the nightstands I am really not feeling the dresser.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Actually that is one of my questions. The night stands are 32" and the space on each side is 38". Do you think that is enough room?
  • 12 years ago
    Good eye. It is about 1/2" off.
  • 12 years ago
    I am thinking of the same color as dresser. That was the only one I could find for an example. Do you feel the style is ok?
  • 12 years ago
    Oh yeah that is more than enough space.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Okay then yes makes more sense getting the nightstand close to dresser. Whew
  • 12 years ago
    Where are you at, think City Furniture carries something close. I did my room last summer and quite verse on nightstands.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    The current night stands are temporary, actually a long temporary because I have not been able to design this room so would like to get it done so I can go to the next room.
  • 12 years ago
    A rooom similar to the one in the pic would suit yr style
    (disregard the window over the bed)
    Pic submit for ref and inspiration
    Hotel Inspired Bedroom · More Info
    10peanut thanked anne dee
  • 12 years ago
    Ok, so do I need to forget the dresser and night stands? They go off sale tomorrow. Think there are better choices?
  • 12 years ago
    a view from the en suite
    Transitional Master Bath · More Info
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    if you do different night stands, you can free up an extra 6 inches
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for all your ideas and suggestions.
  • 12 years ago
    anne dee-love your room but what are your thoughts on the dresser and nightstands she posted?
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    10peanut-what brand are the furniture, do you have a link
  • 12 years ago
    Am Midwest.
  • 12 years ago
    Furniture is Ethan Allen and is the Heston Collection.
  • 12 years ago
    this pic shows amix of different furniture styles and finish.
    (note the dresser has height which doesn't compete with the lower end tables)
    Bedroom Transitional · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    I like what Michele Scot posted above and getting the two different nightstands. I did that in my room, got a desk for right side and a regular nightstand on the left.
  • 12 years ago
    Where will the dresser be in the room. I love the room anne dee posted and think that you could do a similar look in your room.
  • 12 years ago
    The dresser would be opposite the bed. There is about 11 1/2 ' from bed to wall. Total space from that wall is 19'. The alcove where the bed sits is 14' wide, then there is the bay window and corner fireplace. Should I attempt to draw a diagram so you can better visualize.
  • 12 years ago
    Anne dee do you feel I should rethink my choices? Because I would like the room to be wow because it is the master BR.
  • 12 years ago
    I do not think you need to rethink your choices.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you army girl- what do you suggest to finish out the space?
  • 12 years ago
    I like the parisian chic that anne dee posted and that is the one that I would follow using the white night stands. I cannot answer to the question if that dresser would go and maybe MIchelle Scott can answer to that since the furniture is theirs.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Do you like the white nightstands that you posted?
  • 12 years ago
    I like your choices - and I like your other rooms too.
    10peanut thanked bgfuqua
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The dresser, and heston night tables are all from the modern glamor collection, and made from the same species of wood, with hardware all in the same silver color. They would look beautiful with your upholstered bed.
  • 12 years ago
    There it is 10peanut, go ahead and hit the send button and then we can move on to other things. LOL
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Please order your furniture tomorrow while it is still on sale. You are not making a mistake!!!
  • 12 years ago
    And, I love the inspiration room Anne Dee posted.
    10peanut thanked Sonya T
  • 12 years ago
    Nightstand choices look nice. I'm not liking the mirror above the bed. Too small and looks like a bullseye. Very nice bed by the way.
    10peanut thanked Ann
  • 12 years ago
    Ann- we haven't gotten to that yet trying to figure out nightstand and dresser.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    10peanut - my telephone number and email are in my profile, if you want to call and ask any further questions
    10peanut thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • 12 years ago
    peanut where are you. lol
  • 12 years ago
    She went today and decided to have someone from EA to come out with the wood sample to make absolutely sure the wood color would work in her room. She will be here....just takes a minute :) and she does appreciate any help you all give. After she purchases the bed she does have several other elements in the room she would like to change.
    But, that original artwork must stay ;)
    She wants something new there too. And, we were thinking long mirrors with some really pretty lamps. And, a nice print over the dresser rather than a mirror. Maybe.
    10peanut thanked Sonya T
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry for the delay-- had intentions of making a purchase today but after visiting with designer decided that we needed to check out a sample of the wood. So will know in a few days if I will purchase. Thank you Armygirl, Anne dee and all others who have been so much help.
  • 12 years ago
    Keep us posted.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Glad to hear the local designer is bringing the finish sample out - I know you were concerned about the red undertone - it was nice chatting with you yesterday!
    10peanut thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • 12 years ago
    Any update peanut.
  • 12 years ago
    For more inspiration:
    Manhattan Beach Haven · More Info


    Your original choices for bedside tables would work, as would your current bed...
    Goodluck!
    10peanut thanked Cisca St. Clair
  • 12 years ago
    Armygirl-and others thank you for being so patient. Looking like I have an appointment next Tuesday, so should have a decision then. Hoping it works! Otherwise the search begins once more. Ugh! Will keep you posted.
  • 12 years ago
    It will just take your time and do it right the first time. I just recently did mine and it took me forever but was happy with the results.
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    Loved the inspiration room- thanks Cisca St. Clair.
  • 12 years ago
    It is hard on iPad but don't worry about it. At least there ain't no cuss word. Lol
    10peanut thanked armygirl1987
  • 12 years ago
    The BR furniture is on its way in about 8to 12 weeks. Would like to continue with finishing the space. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • 12 years ago
    I did order the BR furniture I was considering. This is an idea of the space.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Have you received your nightstands and dresser yet?
  • 11 years ago
    Actually I have received them. It had been so long that I began a new thread, "Ready to finish Master Bedroom". I received many great ideas. Thank you for asking and if you have further thoughts I would appreciate.
Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County