Software
Houzz Logo Print
grammykrackrs

HOW WAS THE BEACH SCENE CREATED

14 years ago
PLEASE SEND DETAILS
Kid's Beach Room · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 14 years ago
    I've wanted to do a scene like that on canvas. Not being a painter, I wasn't sure how to begin, however your answer has given me a starting point. Thanks.
  • 14 years ago
    thanks i cant believe you did this
  • 12 years ago
    How do I get the paint muted the way you have it here. This is absolutely gorgeous and would like to do this in my living area. We have a canal running in the back of our home and this would be like bringing the outdoors in!!
  • 11 years ago
    i would like to know the technique as well. I am doing it on my daughters texture drywall in her room, but scared to fail.
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you! I started with the eye level for my small son. This was to be the horizon. So if you are sitting in a living room for instance, consider your own eye level when seated on the sofa. Blend the colors dark to light as you go downward. I used water based paints from Benjamin Moore. I also used a navy blue permanent marker for the horizon line. Send pics when you get yours done. Love to see!