Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_446455

Marble sealer...sensation vs bulletproof, which is most protective?

User
9 years ago
I need to seal an imperial Danby marble island and would like advice on the most advanced sealer. Thanks so much.

Comments (12)

• Jane Hyatt
    9 years ago
    I would like the same advice. Has anyone made a comment?
  • Jane Hyatt
    9 years ago
    First where does one buy miracle 411?

You are right. I made a bad choice but I love marble and other natural stones.
  • PRO
    Stone Center
    9 years ago
    We routinely test sealers and have had the most success with Tenax ProSeal. You can see the video here:

http://www.stonecenterinc.com/stone-care.html

• PRO
    Stone Center
    9 years ago
    Marble is not necessarily a bad choice for the kitchen. We have many customers choose marble who are very happy with their choice. Yes, marble will etch. Yes, sealers only offer stain resistance. You can still stain your counters, and over time, you likely will. But many of these stains can be removed. And over time, the etched spots become less obvious, especially if you have a honed surface to begin with. If you want a pristine counter, marble is likely not the best choice. But if you love marble and know how it behaves, it can be a beautiful choice for your kitchen counters.
  • PRO
    Stone Center
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Our video tests Stonetech Impregnator Pro, the "professional" version made by the same company as Bulletproof. Bulletproof is the consumer version of Impregnator Pro, which is tested on the far right in the video. I'm not familiar with sensation.

The best sealer will protect both marble and granite the best, as the mechanics of its function are the same. However, lighter stones and marble are naturally more porous and more susceptible to staining with or without sealer. The sealer doesn't prevent stains entirely, just adds a layer of protection and stain resistance.
    User thanked Stone Center
  • PRO
    MarbleSeal Technologies
    8 years ago

You might check into Clearstone. It is the only product which will prevent acid etching and staining and is guaranteed to do so for 10 years. You only need to have it applied once and it is good for 10 years plus.

• Dona Meltzer
    6 years ago
    The best sealer today is stonetech Bulletproof for porous marble. It has a much smaller molecule. It is the most advanced product technologically you can get.
  • PRO
    Stone Technologies Corp.
    6 years ago

The strongest sealer for sealing marble is Stone Sealer Concentrate

• PRO
    Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts
    6 years ago

Drytreat meta creme is the only one that is permanent the rest you need to reapply every 6 months as the are a plastic or resin.

• PRO
    MarbleSeal Technologies
    4 years ago

For sealing marble, onyx and travertine, we have switched completely to offering More Surface Care's AntiEtch. It is a water based, UV catalyzed cross linked acrylic which prowduces no odor and is quick to apply, etc. It comes with a 10 year warranty against acid etching and staining. Worth looking at.

• lollies3rd
    3 years ago

Hi there--we're in the process of building a new house and need to decide on countertops soon. Love the look of marble, but like so many others before me, worry about etching. What sort of customer feedback do you get with More's AntiEtch? Does it get applied by the fabricator before installation, or after? Does it come in a honed version? Price? Any info or details would be much appreciated! Thanks.