Software
Houzz Logo Print
joegreenwald

Island

14 years ago
Hi!! Do you know how many inchs you "cut back in" for the legs to the straight part on all four sides of island? Thank you
Parkwood Road Residence Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I believe you're asking about the amount of overhang where the stools are, correct?
    Typically, anywhere from 9" to 14" works well, partly depending on the amount of overall space in the room, and relationship to other objects (wall, cabinetry, etc.).
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    On this particular island, the space cut out for the stools is 15" deep. Hope this helps!! Best!

    Martha O’Hara Interiors
    www.oharainteriors.com
  • 13 years ago
    We are doing a similar size island 12' wide x 4.5' deep and putting wall cabinets on the seating side for extra storage underneath, but cannot decide between a 15" deep cabinet and 15" deep overhang or 12" deep cabinet and 18" overhang? Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Either of those options can be appropriate in the right situation, and I'm reluctant to give you any specific advice given how little I know about yours. I would recommend providing your cabinet maker and builder with the images that most inspire you and asking their advice for how to achieve that look. Good luck!