Software
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_parvez

Need HELP!

12 years ago
Formal living room needs decor maybe slipcovers, curtains, art, etc. what colors should I use? What kind of decor? Not looking to spend a fortune. Just bought the house need to do something with this. do not want to paint or buy new couches. Everything in there as is just need to add/decorate but don't know what colors to choose.

Comments (10)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Accent pillows, artwork and an area rug will help to bring in a pop of colour and create a warm comfy space!
  • 12 years ago
    Exactly what the last 2 said. You need artwork and an area rug for sure, and if I were you I would hang a large piece. Also, I would def hang some curtain panels that reach right to the floor. It will definitely add to the room and make it more cozy. Accent pillows will tie everything in since your couches, floor and walls are pretty neutral. You could also change the pots for the plants for maybe some modern ones or colorful ones. You can always paint your pots (which I have done). I would probably take the tall plant from the one corner and put it in the corner where there is nothing. It will make that corner look less bare. Also, what are you using this room for exactly?
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Andrea. A chair would be nice in front of the window to finish out the grouping. Also, I am a houseplant person too, but I think there are a few too many in the room. Pick your favorite color for accents.
  • 12 years ago
    Being a plant lover and I do have a lot of them....are your plants in the corner getting enough light? Maybe one low light plant on that table/lamp in the corner. Good idea to put the tall plant you have in the corner, on a low planter in the window side corner.
  • 12 years ago
    This is a very nice space. I would get a simple and inexpensive rug ( 5x7 at least) to ground the furniture. Throw pillows to complement or contrast with rug. You can get great art (paintings and wall hangings) at yard sales. I spent about $200. 00 for rug and pillows in picture. It's a fun look for summer. You could pick up a neat side chair at yard sale too. Painting is one of mine but you could get something more your looking at sales.
  • 12 years ago
    thanks for the comments
    yes the plants get plenary of Sun in this room. they are my grandmother's. they were the only things o wanted when he passed away and as far as the pots just never got around to changing them. I don't have a big budget this room is never used as we also have a huge family room. I just want to add some color but not sure which way to go. Reds? blues?
  • 12 years ago
    Omg auto correct killed me in that comment LOL. pleanty of Sun and the plants where my grandfather's
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    i would recommend you to look into into wall murals behind the loveseat (they are not that expansive, but can really change the room)
    large grey/goldish shag rug
    mirror or painting above the sofa
    cover the walls on both sides of the window with curtains (rod should go from wall to wall and curtains should go into the corners)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    also buy a separate stand for your plants, they look messy on the same tables with lamps