Software
Houzz Logo Print
mimi2rose

Mix White Appliances and Stainless Appliance?

11 years ago
can I mix white appliances and stainless appliances in kitchen?

Comments (9)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I have mixed when walls/ corners hid the discrepancy and not all appliances needed replacing. It can also be helpful in streamlining your runs.
    [houzz=
    Parquet Drive · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Barton Hills · More Info
    ]
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I did. We recently bought fridge, range in SS, dishwasher has a panel matching the cabinets, and our microwave above the range where the upper cabinets are antique white, we bought a microwave in bisque that is the exact color as the antique white. So now the microwave doesn't stand out but blends in with the upper cabinets
  • 11 years ago
    HI -- Yes you can but ... it depends on what and where the appliances are in the kitchen . Actually stainless steel is now starting to fall out of favor . Colored enamel fixtures are now showing up in new kitchens now and white is coming back too . And also black kitchen cabinets are becoming the big thing .
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    lol, too bad. You're not going to see me get rid of my SS after it took me close to 20 years to own it. Also never going to see me paint all my kitchen cabinets black. I could see an island maybe, or certain pieces, but every cabinet in the kitchen all black just is too much dark imo :)
  • 11 years ago
    HI -- Me neither diyher --- I am not one to follow trends but If I was building a new house I might think of doing some black . It is really not for everyone but I have seen some beautiful all black kitchens and I would love to have a red stove . Just dreaming !!!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Yes. We did white fridge to match cabinets that are visible from living room. Stainless range and micro hood, and dishwasher with panel.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree about black. Not that it's not for everyone, but it's not for every room situation. You would have to have a room that is open and has a lot of natural light. I also think any wall cabinets that would be black, should only be on one wall and not 2 walls across from each other. I say that because I noticed a huge difference when I had darker oak cabinets on opposite walls. Especially at night, the whole room seemed to close in on you. Once I replaced the lowers in cherry and the uppers antique white, suddenly the room seemed larger and at night the walls with cabinets didn't seem to close in on you
  • 11 years ago
    Elsworth, actually the one side of our kitchen where the fridge is located when we had a 20yo bisque fridge, I decided to paint all the cabinets on that wall (3) antique white so it would blend in. Of course I wasn't expecting to get another fridge for at least 5 years. Now we have SS on that wall but next year will buy a fridge cabinet painted antique white, so only the SS doors show.

    A lot of options for you out there mimi2rose :)