Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Do you have pets?

Emily H
9 years ago
Are you sharing your home with family members of the furry, feathered or scaled variety?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Bedroom · More Info
Yes!
No.
Other - tell us about it!

Comments (77)

• rredpenn
    9 years ago
    Hey Eightpond! Long time, no see! Love your BFC, Muffin....she is fuzzy wuzzy and adorable. What breed are the cows? They are so cute. And the dogs too, of course... your place and lifestyle is Heaven to me. Lucky you. :)
  • eightpondfarm
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    i write a lot about the animals, and doings here on our farm….but just on Facebook. My dogs are Portuguese Water Dogs. i've owned and bred them since 1992. i've bred, trained, certified and deployed to many disasters with them. They're certified with Dept of Homeland Security, (slash FEMA). I've certified five so far. Four of which are still alive and well, here. though two of those are retired. I currently work Ninja and Westfield…..both PWDs.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    9 years ago
    Two dogs, a yellow lab and schnoodle.
  • jannie
    9 years ago
    I love animals but have no pets as I have a small house, small yard and I am not home as much as I'd like. To have pets given my current lifestyle would be unkind to the animals and to myself.
  • cbailie
    9 years ago
    I have a 16 year old blue point Himalayan cat who is really more dog than cat. He's my baby and such a sweet boy.
  • Nancy Breen
    9 years ago
    Crown, I understand your loss. I have a rescue greyhound named Mitchell. Before that, I lost two greyhounds, one to osteosarcoma and the first, my first dog, too, to a soft tissue cancer. I hope you will take the time you need and then when you are ready, rescue another greyhound. they are absolutely the best!
  • artisticgurl44
    9 years ago
    i have a cockatiel bird named LULU
  • mstone11
    9 years ago
    I have 2 English Springer Spaniels... I love them.
  • n247080
    9 years ago
    Violetta Rose! One of 3 feral kittens I found in January (50 below zero that day) living under my deck. After live trapping them and socializing them, I was able to find homes for the orange tiger and tortoise colored brother and sister. (I was never able to catch mama) Here she is between my legs, in bed, enjoying the morning sun. She's come a LONG way! what a difference 2 years makes. I also have 2 senior Rag Doll cats and 4 parrots.
  • PRO
    Alison Kandler Interior Design
    9 years ago
    This is Max. He is a professional poser! He make every room so much cuter!
  • LovesWaterfalls
    9 years ago
    Living with two young adult children and their chosen partners, each of whom came back home with pets. So we have 6 cats and 1 service dog, a Welsh Corgi. But only two cats are permanent residents. All but one of the cats are indoor only, because coyotes live in the woods across the street and occasionally come onto our property. We love all of our fur grand-babies and wouldn't have it any other way! But we make the kids clean the cat boxes ;)
  • Cheryl Hannebauer
    9 years ago
    RREDPENN: are those German Wire pointers or Griffons??
    we have 2 GWP's: Hunter and Bella; who are first cousins;
    Hunter is the white/grey mix and Bella is the Brown ticking mix, Bella is a GWP, but she does look like a short hair, unlike her cousin Hunter who has the correct coat lenght
  • rredpenn
    9 years ago
    Oh Cheryl! LOL I did a double take when I saw your picture! Your pups look so much like my "satin headed" WPG. Ours are griffons, but the one with the satin head probably has more GWP bloodlines than we were led to believe--haha. She is my runner. She also has the best coat for brushy woods. The burrs literally wipe right off. But my Diva dog has nothing but fuzzy soft undercoat, and the burrs are a nightmare to deal with. I just spent an hour on her last night! We had a GWP (Chaucer) long ago...he was the best dog ever!
  • Jean
    9 years ago
    I love this thread! What wonderful pets we all have! I used to have full sized horses to ride, but I'm in a wheelchair now. I couldn't live without horses again so I downsized to miniatures. All my critters are downsized, Sheldon and Amy (Shamy) are two wirehair dachshunds, Gertie and Cocoa are two pygmy goats, Lucy, Desi, Rowena and Handsome are my miniature horses. All of them have different personalities and all of them are better entertainment than anything on television. In the pictures, Desi is the one with the bucket on his head. He does that himself. He plays with everything and would tip that bucket, flip it up onto his head. Repeatedly. I don't know why he thinks it's fun lol.
  • Jean
    9 years ago
    rredpenn I also used to have a wonderful griffon. He lived until he was almost 14. Good, happy long life for a large dog. They're such sweet dogs!
  • Rina
    9 years ago
    I have no pets right now, but invited myself to this thread so that I could melt all over yours. (Sorry, just wipe me away when I get messy.) Do you know how much love just this thread represents? How much vacuuming?
  • User
    9 years ago
    Have am 11 year old Havanese named Gimli. He's defintely the king of the house. He's always perched on the top of any couch....needless to say, I have throws everywhere which I remove when I'm entertaining.
  • Maureen
    9 years ago
    Eightpondfarm - All of the pictures make me smile, but your photos of the "the pack" are Christmas card perfect!
  • ardiel
    9 years ago
    We share our home with our very busy springer spaniel, Cole. He is a wonderful companion and great fun. He makes us smile, laugh and cry every single day!
  • mstone11
    9 years ago
    Here are photos of my springers. - Wilma has just had a bath and she was not happy with that. Gabby is my other springer and they are both wonderful.
  • rredpenn
    9 years ago
    Wilma's bathrobe cracks me up! She needs the fuzzy pink slippers to complete the look. :)
  • mstone11
    9 years ago
    Wilma and Gabby never fail to make us laugh. Wilma is the class clown and Gabby just wants to please us. My husband has m.s. and he would not make it thru the day without our precious girls. They are the best therapy a person could have.
  • PRO
    Angeline Tellerman
    9 years ago
    Yes my dog is a huge part of my life!
  • blrussell
    9 years ago
    Two uncooperative posers....Harlee and Midge.
  • Sally Giar
    9 years ago
    We have 2 cats, and they are allowed to hang out anywhere they like. I love my boys.
  • mcbmd3
    9 years ago
    We have had three Labs in succession. The first one lived to 12, the second one as well, and the third to 14. It has been almost two years since he died and we are conflicted about getting another. On the one hand we love dogs and their companionship. On the other hand we are older now and Lab hair is daunting. Happily our daughter just adopted a Lab/ Hound mix that we dogsit at least once a week for several hours and the occasional weekend. We are hoping that the puppy will fill the empty space in our hearts.
  • jenniferh123
    9 years ago
    I have chickens and during the fair season I have goats! I think having pets doesn't make you lonely. -Jennifer's Niece
  • PRO
    CEK Design, Inc.
    9 years ago
    I have four cats at the moment , the oldest is 16 and the youngest 18 months. I love them all and they are my kids.
  • melayu
    9 years ago
    Here's Kiki, one very diva cat lol
  • kanike
    9 years ago
    "SHE" is my baby, a Desert Tortoise named HONU. She is in hibernation now and sleeps until SPRING! What a munchkin she is, very interactive with me and even comes scratching on our door......
  • PRO
    Lewis Design-Build-Remodel
    9 years ago
    My kids begged us forever for a dog.. Please mom! please dad , we'll walk it, feed it ect. Well we bought in and after several months we tend to do the majority of the above mentioned. All said Lucky our dog is a great addition to the family
  • dclostboy
    9 years ago
    Love my babies...even though they're ruining my good pillows :)
  • JoAnn Turnquist
    9 years ago
    A spoiled husband, one dauchshund, two rescue dogs and one spoiled 20 year old cat. They make me happy. :)
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    9 years ago
    Two spoiled dogs that run our house ( a Ridgeback and Peepot- his dog, a border collie-jack russell mix... three cats in the barn, and horses around all the barns and pasture. I could not survive without them.
  • 3tomboymommy
    9 years ago
    Our family wouldn't be the same without our furry members. Right now we are lucky to share our love with Jake, our frisbee catching, dock diving, fun loving Blue Heeler and with Dipper, our sweet kitty that only appears when there is no trace of company. Jake turned 9 today, New Year's Day, 2015 and Dipper is 11 1/2. My husband and I also have 3 girls ages 12, 10, and 4. Of course, like many others, we have loved and lost many other furry family members, and I agree that is the worst part of having pets. Vacuuming and litter boxes are just part of life. Though two weeks ago when Jake decided to wrestle a skunk at 11:30 at night that was not very enjoyable either.
    I have really enjoyed reading about the lives of your furry, winged, shelled, or other friends. Sharing life with God's creatures definitely adds so much.
  • horselover222
    9 years ago
    Yes! This is Bella!
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 years ago
    No, I do not have pets. I did when I was younger. But I do feel quite at peace with the fact that when I lay my head down on a pillow, no ones tush has been there before it. :) Maybe one day, but not now.
  • Linda Renzulli
    9 years ago
    This is Justice, my 155 lb. Giant Alaskan Malamute. He is my big sweet goofy baby.
  • PRO
    DaVill Blinds
    9 years ago
    We have a chihuahua named Kitty haha this was the only photo of about 29 she was looking at the camera! She obviously rules our home! ❤️
  • mjdehaan61
    9 years ago

Was raised on a farm and had every kind of barnyard pet . Loved it and when we had kids we had a farm also so our kids could have that lifestyle. Now with the kids grown I have only two dogs and will not get another when these ones pass away ... the responsibility is too restricting of my lifestyle at this stage of life and I'm getting really tired of the added housecleaning. I still love pets at other people's houses but no more for me.

• bugsysmom717
    9 years ago
    A Pekingese - Bandit, a Pug - Bugsy, Orange stripped tabby cat - Sam, and a Tortoise Shell colored Tabby - Smokey.
  • redtartan
    9 years ago

We have two cats that live in the house and various animals that make it in from time to time. Usually it's just chickens, ducks or baby goats or lambs, but in February I had a full sized goat and her twins in my basement for 5 days due to having her babies in an extreme cold snap. Luckily I have a very understanding husband.

• glendadw
    9 years ago

You can have cats, or you can have nice furniture. I have cats.

• PRO
    TORLYS Floors
    7 years ago

Such great pet photos!

• baileysr
    7 years ago
    Been through 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 bird, 2 lizards, 1 hamster. Loved the cats and dog when we had them, but we have no desire for any pets now. It's really nice to not have to clean up after them.
  • eightpondfarm
    7 years ago

one of my dogs, Canoe, and our house hen, Argo right now:

• Rina
    7 years ago

Glendadw, also, you can have a pitbull puppy, or you can have a sofa with all its cushions. I have a pitbull puppy. Well, not exactly ... I live with a family on my property, who have a pitbull puppy (going on for a year old), who has me. I have a cat, Miouse. Hates Stitch, the pitbull puppy, except very occasionally when he feels like a bit of a scrap. Stitch always feels like a scrap.

• 3tomboymommy
    7 years ago

We have added a cute little hedgehog, Quillow, to the mix now. Planning to get another heeler puppy in the spring.

• User
    6 years ago

Every once in awhile I love it when I get a notification of an old thread. I like to comment to bring it back to the top so others can read. So many great pics of people's pets. Maybe some new Houzzers will like to add some pics of their pets for us to see;)

• Laurie Schrader
    6 years ago

One dog, who is completely convinced he's a person. This is Max The Beagle. It's how he sits...