Software
Houzz Logo Print
interiordesignpics

Mixing Cream and White

14 years ago
Love this room! Actually all your rooms.. Im an interior design student and Jw what's your take on mixing cream and bright white.I see that you are mixing it here and it looks great. At home, I have a bedspread that is grey and cream and my bright white sheets and pillows seem to clash. Any tips on how to make it work or a general rule of thumb?
San Anselmo Living Room · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 14 years ago
    It's often all about the undertones of color, isn't it? This popular decorator has an ebook about undertones. Have not ordered, yet, so cannot give a personal recommendation. http://www.mariakillam.com/2012/07/onetrickpony.html
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I Love to mix cream and white! I use an extremely creamy cream and an extremely white with to enhance contrast. I also think the more tone on tone approach is gorgeous, as Albert-Kinci design suggests.
    Mediterranean Kitchen · More Info
  • 14 years ago
    Shannon - may I please ask what wall color paint was used in this kitchen?
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It was a custom mix, I based it on a color I have in my files, I'll check on Monday. Thanks for the inquiry.
  • 14 years ago
    I like your answer Carolyn! So true, when something seems off in a room, there is a good chance it's because of colour tones clashing. Neutrals (greys, beiges and whites) can be challenging to work with, but when you get it right it makes a stunning statement.
  • 13 years ago
    This living room is beautiful! Would it be possible to get the paint names that were used in it? Thank you for your time and inspiration.
  • 13 years ago
    This living room is beautiful! Would it be possible to get the paint names that were used in it? Thank you for your time and inspiration.