greginshasta

Insulating the HFGH 10x12

greginshasta

Hindsight being 20/20, I now wish I had installed my HFGH in a location that would have positioned the door pointing south, but alas, I did not. In the image below, the door faces in a generally northern direction.

Much has been posted about insulating the north wall, and if I do so, it will mean only (I guess) the portion of the wall around the door. Not sure how I would insulate the doors themselves unless I use the 1/4" foil-covered bubble wrap I saw at the local hardware store. For the wall area around the door, I thought I would purchase a couple 4x8 sheets of the 1" thick rigid insulation panels.

Does that seem to be a good approach given the positioning of the greenhouse? I'm fairly comfortable with the rigid insulation, but I'm wondering if the thin stuff will actually help on the door?

Comment (1)