Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ewilhelm1

Rough cost for NanaWall?

ewilhelm1
11 years ago
I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a major remodel and I'm wondering how using a "wall of windows" along the back of my house will affect the total cost of the project. I know I can ask for a quote from the various vendors directly but I'm not even totally sure what numbers to input. Basically I'm looking at about 30 foot length of windows. Love the look of NanaWall or similar. Is that like $20K? Or like $100K? I honestly have no clue.

Comments (30)

• Ed Sun
    11 years ago
    According to the NanaWall website, anywhere from $600 to $1,600 per lineal foot. http://www.nanawall.com/learn/price
  • deep41305
    8 years ago

We are getting a Nanawall system for our home and its a 5 door + 3 windows retractable system for $22k

• PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    8 years ago
    The cost of the Nana Wall system is part of a larger cost picture...like how do you support the loads above AND hang the door from it? There are many different manufacturers now making accordion style exterior doors. The flat cost of of the wall system delivered is expensive. The four person crew to install it over the course of a week is a substantial add on.
  • deep41305
    8 years ago
    The cost for install of Nanawall system through a certified installer is $3400 itself.
  • hayleydaniels
    8 years ago

This is from August of 2012.

• PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    8 years ago
    Great. I hate that. Commenting on totally old posts. The dates don't show up on the app. Only on my laptop.
  • homegirlnh
    8 years ago

Not pointless! I looked up the system bc we're looking for folding doors/windows and found your comment, Ironwood!

• Kasie Noble
    8 years ago
    Good info Ironwood. Thank you! First helpful and specific info I've found.
  • Edward k
    7 years ago

Has anyone considered Panoramic door or laCantina or any others?

• PRO
    Marvin
    7 years ago

Edward k, thanks for mentioning Marvin Scenic Doors here. As you may know, we offer a variety of options and configurations, including the Marvin Ultimate Lift and Slide door, Ultimate Multi-Slide door and Marvin Bi-Fold door:

Marvin Ultimate Lift and Slide Door

Marvin Ultimate Multi-Slide Door

Marvin Bi-Fold Door

We're always happy to answer questions on Houzz, or connect anyone looking for more information on our scenic doors with a Marvin product expert.

• Edward k
    7 years ago

Nanawall has their product that is now good enough for Passiv Haus. It would be nice to know how close your product can get to that performance? Can you provide triple glazing, or improved sealing if a homeowner desired it (and it provided a meaningful benefit)

• PRO
    Marvin
    7 years ago

Edward k, you can find details regarding glass/glazing options for Marvin products in our brochure for trade professionals online here. On page 4, you'll find detailed information for our ENERGY STAR ratings listed by product type. Triple/tripane glazing is available.

You can also use our online Energy Data tool for specific details on all Marvin window and door products.

• Deon
    7 years ago
    Having a 16 ft Nana Wall installed with new build. Builder cost (allowance) is $18K. Hope that helps!
  • PRO
    Lambay Contracting
    7 years ago

Dmacmillan,did you finish the nanawall system, any pictures

• Lauren Kallergis
    7 years ago

Just following up on this thread. We are looking at using Nanowall for a 7' section and we need a folding door that folds "all the way back". Nanowall offers a "Foldback" door. Are there any other companies out there that offers a "foldback" door?

• stephane_keller
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Take a look: if you want to see garage door conversion a friend carried out with nanawall.

http://www.thedangerz.com/paint-and-doors/

• Lisa McLeod
    7 years ago
    Thanks for posting an example!
  • Christina Zamniuk
    6 years ago
    Does nana accept Visa?
  • PRO
    NanaWall
    6 years ago

@Christina, we do not accept visa payments, however, we do not require full payment when starting the order process for your glass walls.

• Ashley Tittle
    6 years ago

Hi NanaWall - do you offer window options with moulins? How long is the lead time needed for a 15' folding wall of windows that are 9' tall? Is it 3 months? 6 months? more?

• millworkman
    6 years ago

" we do not accept visa payments, however, we do not require full payment when starting the order process for your glass walls."

NanaWall you sell retail?

• Laura Jazz
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Love my nanawall, nearly 4 years later. Quality is superb! in its "folded" state in the below photo... opens into a screen porch.

• Agnes
    6 years ago
    Can anyone tell me about the maintenance on one of these please? Does stuff accumulate in the track?
  • HU-576627288
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

If you live in Washington Oregon Montana you will get a rep that will rip you off and installers that don’t know what they are doing so I would look for another product!

• Jason Meyer
    3 years ago

As far as cost goes, we got a 4 panel fold-flat nanawall at it was $10k + installation. I'm going to tend to agree with HU-576627288... Our installer did a piss-poor job. They put these solarflex advertisements screwed into the top of the nanawall and the screws stuck up too high and damaged the nanawall. Additionally, one of our nanawalls is VERY hard to close -- likely an issue with the track. Additionally, the device that they use to keep the nanawall from closing in the wind is really dumb... It would take someone 7 foot tall to be able to release it. We replaced it with a magnetic solution which holds well enough, but you can just pull the door closed rather than needing to release a mechanism.

• Laura Jazz
    3 years ago

No maintenance. Very simple to take care of.
    I live in central Ohio, special certified Nanawall installers came down from Cleveland (I think), installation was $$$ but considering the cost of the Nanawall, essential. I paid around $12000+ for the wall and maybe close to $3000 for installation. New construction. Today, Nov 2020, it’s still like new.
    I have a second home in CT and here installed a JeldWen folding glass wall - NO Comparison. Jeld-Wen sucks (product, installation, customer service). If you are going to spend that kind of money stick with Nanawall.

• Helena Sheusi
    3 years ago

How long was the wall?

• B A
    3 years ago

The Nanawall product is built well, but that is the only good thing I can say about the whole process.
    10K door + 2300 (certified installer) + contractor to do demo, rough framing, interior/exterior finish. All in almost $14K for a 10ft door.

The sales person was no help, customer service was poor, and the Very expensive certified install was ridiculous.
    If you’re going to take this route, be prepared to have a very good, experienced contractor available every step of the way.
    The installers put the door in place and left a 1” gap between the door frame and framing. Insulation is apparently not included!?? It’s February and 15 degrees! Luckily my contractor
    rushed over to button it up. There were several “small” details like this left out that made this very frustrating.

The door is finally in, but it’s the wrong color. I had the color discussion with the sales person, and if he would have gone over the order and double checked this would have been caught before it was too late. Yes, I also should have caught it... but it is in the fine print of a 4 page document and it does not say “door color”. It is easy to miss for a non-pro. I was focused on the size and fit and missed the “profile finish”.

• Jeff Smith
    3 years ago

@B A Thanks for the information (and warnings!). There are a lot of competitors to Nana Wall so I'll carefully consider the competition (Marvin, LaCantina, etc). We have a new build coming up so we'll make sure architect designs with big openings and strong headers for support above openings. Thinking of doing a corner, like here...with 2 walls facing view: https://hub.nanawall.com/remodel/vasko-residence

I agree it's so critical to have a contractor that manages the whole picture when there are sort of new or non-standards house components being installed