Software
Houzz Logo Print
cgartke

Help with Tudor Timbers

14 years ago
I need help with paint colour for our 70's style Tudor two-storey living room walls. We had thought about toning down the dark wooden beam look by painting the beams a colour slightly lighter than the walls. We are thinking of doing the walls a greenish-brown (General Paint: Flourishing), but would like to hear thoughts on that. You can see on one of the pix how we have painted a piece of the dark beams and put up some sample wall colors.

The ceiling is cedar, and I think we we will leave that as is. The top part of the wall is stucco and I would love to tone down the texture a bit. However, other than dry-walling over all of this, it may be just a coat of paint instead. The two-storey red brick fireplace is the dominant feature in the room. You can seek in the kitchen-dining photo how we have already painted some of the wooden beam work. Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Comments (6)