Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aleahim_gw

HELP! Black fuzzy stuff under Basil leaves

Aleahim
10 years ago

This is my first time posting here but I've been following the forum for a month now and getting a lot of help from other gardeners.

We moved in to an apartment with a small porch and I was very happy to give gardening a try again (I've been very bad with growing indoor plants and only recently have I managed to keep all my plants alive and healthy. Until now that is!)

I really hope some of you can help and tell me what do do. We went away for the weekend and forgot to water my outdoor plants so when I got back they weren't looking very well (tomatoes, basil, cilantro, chives, some flowers, etc.). We came back at night and I watered them anyway because I figured they should get water as soon as possible.

It's been two days since we got back and although I noticed that some plants are coming back to life, my herbs are not looking great. I discovered these black spots (mold?) on my basil today and I don't know what to do. The basil is planted in a small pot with chives and cilantro and those are yellowing a bit. On top of that, I also have little black insects on some flowers and the leaves of my tomatoes are yellowing! I think it's a garden emergency.

What should I do?! Before this I was really happy seeing all of them grow and took some pride cutting my own herbs but now I feel like I am back to square one with plants. Please help!

Comments (2)