My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Are they any keys out there that I can use to tell these apart? I have a plant in my garden that is supposedly A. x andrachnoides but it looks pretty much like A. unedo as far as I can tell.
Yes, characters should be intermediate - although theoretically - without knowing if it never occurs in this instance - as with any crossing of two species individuals favoring one parent might be produced as well as those that are clearly intermediate.
Any sign of red branches? If yours fits the stereotype it will begin to produce noticeably better bark than A. unedo at some point.
1. Adult leaf serrate...2 Adult leaf entire...3 2. Leaf 6 cm, pale green beneath (bark soon brown and gray)...unedo Leaf 9 cm, yellowish glaucous beneath (bark bright deep red), petiole broad, fleshy...x andrachnoides 3. Bud 1 cm, conic; leaf to 12 x 5 cm...menziesii 4. Bud 3 cm, ovoid; leaf to 8 x 4 cm...andrachne
--Alan Mitchell, Collins Field Guide - Trees of Britain & Northern Europe (Reprinted 1994, HarperCollins, Hong Kong)
Thanks. They still sound very similar. Mine has rough bark over the entire plant and I would not quite call it red. I'll have to look for yellowish glaucousness.
Be sure to tell your wife you are going to "look for yellowish glaucousness" before heading out the door. If she somehow does not wonder yet, that might get her started.
I noticed the other day that 'Marina' has thick petioles in addition to big leaves and reddish bark. Continue to read only speculation on its parentage.
Embothrium
Embothrium
Related Professionals
Dover Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kalamazoo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Savannah Landscape Contractors · Vincennes Landscape Contractors · Great Bend Landscape Contractors · Frederick Landscape Contractors · Boston Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · Rapid City Landscape Contractors · Dalton Architects & Building Designers · Terre Haute Architects & Building Designers · Wichita Falls Architects & Building Designers · Brainerd Architects & Building Designers · Mansfield Architects & Building Designers · Youngstown Architects & Building Designersian_waOriginal Author
Embothrium