Software
Houzz Logo Print
minet_gw

japanese maple seedlings - help!

19 years ago

Hi, this is my first springtime in Oregon and it's beautiful! I moved here from SoCal so seeing the plants come out of hibernation is wonderful.

We're fortunate to have several japanese maples in our yard, different varieties apparently, but I've been seeing hundreds of little seedlings everywhere, including in the lawn. Right now they're tiny, most of them just 2 or 4 leaves and an inch tall.

I think there are too many to pull up by hand, and I don't want to spray them with chemicals. The previous owners of our house had a lawn/garden service but we aren't planning to hire anyone, unless absolutely needed.

What should I do with them? We don't want that many trees! :-) I'm assuming they have to be removed, but what's the easiest or best way?

Thank you.

Comments (2)