Software
Houzz Logo Print
newgeneral

Mystery Clematis

20 years ago

I received a small potted clematis for Mother's Day and need help identifying it. It was grown by Hana Bay flowers and purchased at a local grocery store. It is loaded with beautifully simple, small, single, creamy-white flowers which have a slight, pleasant fragrance (you have to stick your nose in them to smell them). The flowers are maybe an inch and a half across and have 6 petals. The centers are a yellow that is not bold and has a hint of green to it, surrounded by a ring of what I think are stamens. I have taken a picture, but I can't figure out how to post it. The foliage of the plant reminds me of the cosmos seedlings coming up in my garden (the leaves are similar). Sorry I don't know all of the technical horticultural terms.

It is a very pretty plant, but not something I was expecting to receive. Now that I own it, I do feel an obligation to give it a good home, so I am trying to identify it and determine how big it will get and its cultural requirements. I have never grown clematis before. I understand there are some new varieties which stay quite small, and am wondering if this is one of those or what will become a full-sized climber.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting