Software
Houzz Logo Print
drcindy1

suggestions for a verticillium wilt resistant tree

19 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just lost a young japanese maple to the dreaded verticillium wilt. Now I need to find something to replace it that is resistant to this disease. The area is in my front side yard that gets morning sun and afternoon shade. I am looking for a small ornamental tree that will grow no bigger than 20'. Vase shape is preferable- I can't do something with a wide crown since the side lot is narrow. I have a couple of viburnum tinus in the area, as well as a japanese maple 'Orido nishiki' that it will need to complement. I've been told that a dogwood would be pretty, but I'm concerned about them being very slow growning. Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions