Software
Houzz Logo Print
everett_reader

Planting around a hottub

20 years ago

We have just installed a hottub that is nicely positioned out of the way from our main view of the backyard, yet convenient. It butts up to our deck on two sides, but I want to landscape it on the other two sides. This view is not a "main view" but I still want to blend it in with our woodlandy setting.

I have some ideas of how I want to do this, but what I am wondering is how to look up which plants are more tolerant of "spillage" of hottub water which will be warm and have the typical chemicals in it.

One side is quite shady, and I was thinking of a small hedge of sweetbox which I think will stay the right size. I am very open to native woodland type plants, really anything everygreen, not too messy, not too wide, that can be maintained at about 3'-3.5'

I tried doing a search, but didn't come up with anything - maybe I just didn't use the right key words. Any ideas or a place I can look?

thanks

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County