Software
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Low-N-Lime

19 years ago

After about 3 years of searching, awhile back I located a dozen beautiful gallons of 'Midnight Wine' Weigela. I planted them along the edge of my curbed back lawn and went on to another project. They are gorgeous now, perfectly shaped little mounds of purple foliage and I'm looking to alternate lime green or yellow for a nicely contrasted border. I want something about the size and shape of the MW or something that I can keep pruned to that size. Some of the things I've thought about are 'Magic Carpet' spirea and 'Emerald and Gold' euonymous but most of the former has been overpriced and unsightly in the nurseries and I don't know enough about the latter because size comparisons I've read vary so much and I know nothing about the growth habit.

Any comments on either of these or other possibilities ?

Comments (4)