Software
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_whatcomco_wa

Cactus - when do I bring them inside?

20 years ago

This is my first fall in NW Washington (Whatcom Co., in case you didn't notice my username). I've got several large cacti and succulents on a south facing patio. Sorry, I don't know the scientific names, but I've got a jade plant, column cactus, crown-of-thorns, and something I call a "brain cactus" with crenolated fans (it looked more like a brain when it was a baby 20 years ago.) I plan to bring them in for the winter, but I'm not sure just when. We're supposed to be getting lows in the mid- to upper-30s next week and I'm concerned about them. On the other hand, I've got limited space inside for them and I'd like to wait as long as is safe. Where I last lived, I kept them indoors all year since the summers were hellishly hot and the winters arctic. Any advice?

Comment (1)