Software
Houzz Logo Print
judywww

dividing black bamboo

18 years ago

Hi....

I have a 30 year old approx 10' x 16' clump of a black bamboo. I do not know the name as 30 years ago I wasn't interested in names. It is at least 15' tall. Most of the poles are about .75 to 1.0" in diameter but a couple of years ago when we had warm August rains it stopped being well behaved and marched out with some force. The poles from that march were at least double the size (1.5 to 1.75"). It did not produce any new shoots so far this summer.

Now I would like to give some to a friend. I was thinking that the best thing would be to wait until some new sprouts appeared and dig them out while they were small. I have watched it closely this spring/summer and have found no new sprouts (unless they reached full height in less than 3 or 4 days). I don't want to try to dig and transport 15+foot bamboo.....what suggestions do you have? thanks, Judy WWW

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner