My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Seems to be fairly hardy in this area. If your site too windy big leaves flopping around might get tiresome or actually be torn, I suppose, although I have not seen it damaged by wind myself.
Sunset WESTERN GARDEN BOOK, although rating it for south of here only (Sunset 7 and up) says "Easy to grow under all garden conditions". A garden designer I know was going to use it for pots in a formal place way out on the fringe (Issaquah or farther) some years ago. Haven't heard how it worked out, but the point is he thought it would work for that use.
>sharp leaf tips might not be desired near a poolPart of the appeal of this one is that it's not dangerous.
"Leaf tips are spined but bend to the touch; they won't cause injury"
-- Sunset WESTERN GARDEN BOOK
If these are big pots that don't freeze through, in a site near salt water you could probably just as well use cordylines or phormiums. No spines on those.
Ha... I've read that too and not just in Sunset. But either a lot of Yuccas have the wrong name attached to them, or the books are wrong, because I've run into many a vicious recurvifolia and I have one in my garden too. (I think some supposed 'recurvifolias' in cultivation are Y. gloriosa, but just how many, it's hard to say.)
I've seen Y. recurvifolia thriving in some of our coldest microclimates in heavy soils, and I also know of one that grew in Pullman for many years until it was removed to make way for new houses.
ian_wa
Embothrium
Related Professionals
Wilmington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lake City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Wilmington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Manchester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Saint Marys Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Williamsport Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bozeman Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Tupelo Landscape Contractors · Cincinnati Landscape Contractors · Spartanburg Landscape Contractors · Muncie Landscape Contractors · Victorville Landscape Contractors · Florence Architects & Building Designers · Forrest City Architects & Building Designers · Bowling Green Architects & Building DesignersEmbothrium
ian_wa
Embothrium
ian_wa