Software
Houzz Logo Print
northwestbirdluver

Log-in aggravations

19 years ago

I'm not on this board every day, so I always have to log in when I reply to someone's message. But then, a few minutes later when I want to post a new message, it wants to me to log in all over again! How annoying! I e-mailed them about this once (and it was no easy task to find how to contact them!), but I got no response, and it's obviously still a problem (at least for me).

Does anyone else encounter this?

Comments (14)

  • 19 years ago

    Me too.

  • 19 years ago

    This may be like asking if you remembered to 'plug it in,' but did you check that little box which says 'remember me' or some such phrase?

  • 19 years ago

    I have to log in again every time I quit and restart my browser. But I can no longer use my old Imac on GW because the old browser on it can't load the login page.

  • 19 years ago

    Me three, maro I never saw----remember me or such phrase. It's annoying to log in twice.

  • 19 years ago

    All, I see this on the log-in page, with a little check-box:

    "Save this information on my computer [see explanation below].

    Please Note:
    If you save this information on your computer you won't have to log in with each visit. However, if others regularly use your computer, or it is a publicly available computer, you should uncheck this box."

  • 19 years ago

    On my friend's old iMac, with an apparently non-updated browser (other sites sometimes prompt to update the browser when visited) I get this incomplete log-in page with a single dialog box. Nothing I type in is accepted by it. I e-mailed GW about it, got no response (or overlooked it).

  • 19 years ago

    Were any of you able to make this work?

    Maro

  • 19 years ago

    I do have the Remember Me box checked, but I still have to re-log in every couple weeks or so. Not this time I didn't, it remembers me for a while and then forgets.

    What really ticks me off is that the capitalizations in my user name and password were changed when iVillage took over. In effect they changed my username and password without telling me and I had to guess at what it might be.

  • 19 years ago

    Sounds like you all have a browser that has it's cookie settings set to "Block all cookies". It's under options and then internet options. I have mine set to Medium. Another possibility is that you have a browser that deletes all temporary files when you close a page, or daily.

  • 19 years ago

    Ron, that's what happened to me on my old Imac. I had to stop using it and use our newer computer instead, but the Imac has all my old threads I saved.

  • 19 years ago

    I think it's because I don't check the box. I never really noticed it that much, and thought it just meant not having to log in every day. Other boards I use don't make you log in more than once each time you visit.
    I guess I'll try checking the box next time.
    Thanks!

  • 19 years ago

    I do not have cookies blocked. Nor do I clear temp files automatically. So that does not explain why I have to re log in every couple of weeks.

    BTW, how to set cookie blocking kinda depends on what browser you're using. Don't assume everyone's using Internet Explorer. In Firefox, I have the browser set to allow cookies and to keep them until they expire, and to keep the web history for 3 weeks. Two weeks ago when I first posted here I did not have to re log in. Today I did. I have not changed my settings since before ivillage took over and never had to re log in before.

    But it would be a good idea for those having problems to make sure their browsers are reasonably up to date. But I'm using the most recent version of mine and still have some problems.

    So it's something at ivillage if you ask me. And darned annoying too.

  • 19 years ago

    It happens to me now also and never happened before. I'm a Mac user and my brower is Safari....and yes, I check the box each time I have to re enter which seems to be every one to two weeks. jwww

  • 19 years ago

    Me too. Same as judywww.