My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Also known as Hawthorn Maple. Has anyone seen this for sale in the Portland area, or had any experience growing it? It's on the Great Plant Picks list but I'm having trouble finding it.
Not that exciting. Most listings in PLANT LOCATOR - WESTERN REGION sourcebook are for variegated cultivar 'Veitchii', the variegation jazzing it up. Otherwise, the bigger growing stripebark maples with bigger parts are more interesting.
The only source given in PLANT LOCATOR for typical green hawthorn maple is forestfarm. Their current catalog does not list it, even in the leftovers section.
If you know of a fruiting specimen near you maybe you can get some seeds from it and try starting your own.
Thank you, yeah, I think I'm going to have to give up on this one. It's just too hard to find. I don't want the variegated one & I don't want to start anything from seed. I need something of reasonable size. What interested me about this tree was it's shade tolerance. Have you seen it growing then? What is your idea of exciting? A coral bark maple may be my second choice. My spot gets only morning sun on one side, deep shade on the other side where the garage blocks the light. I'm worried a vine maple will turn too "viney" in this exposure and I really want a tree.
Embothrium
misslemonverbenaOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Daytona Beach Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Muskogee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · McAllen Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Milwaukee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Tucson Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bowling Green Landscape Contractors · Westminster Landscape Contractors · Middletown Landscape Contractors · Las Cruces Landscape Contractors · Sanford Landscape Contractors · York Landscape Contractors · Bloomington Architects & Building Designers · Florence Architects & Building Designers · Flint Architects & Building Designers · Sterling Architects & Building Designers