Software
Houzz Logo Print
warpatato

Ant Problem

11 years ago

So I have this single mung bean plant on our front garden and one thing I've noticed for the past weeks or so: It is infested with ants. I don't really know if they're eating through the plant's under-aged bean pods or not but the whole plant is just crawling with ants, especially near the stems where there is pods growing. They also leave behind these things... They are like dismembered ant parts sticking through some of the immature pods. And the biggest problem I have seen so far is that there are holes on the soil directly where the mung bean is planted which most likely means that they already built a nest directly on its roots.

Any tips on getting rid of these ants without hurting my plant? I don't really wanna abandon her because she is really sentimental to me. Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz