Software
Houzz Logo Print
shamo_kichibekov

Need help with placement of furniture

13 years ago
Home plan is attached.Can anybode please help with furniture placement?Thank u a lot!

Comments (16)

  • 13 years ago
    Hi Shamo, do you have any furniture to work with and then build on, or are you starting fresh?
  • 13 years ago
    Hi Denise!Yes.this is absolutely new home.With no furniture.I just started repair and i need help with ideas.I need help with plasterboard ceiling(i dont know what kind of it i will do).And also i need help with plannig places for furniture.For example TV .SOFA, TABLE, BED.sorry for my english)
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks Shamo, your English is fine! Do you have a particular design style you like and/or any specific types of furniture or features you plan to work into any of the rooms, beyond the obvious?
  • 13 years ago
    I dont like classic design.I like modern ?post-modern and sometimes minimalism.I want to put in the living room sofa. TV. The elements of decor on the walls. I want to put in the bedroom closet for clothes. In the bathroom i want a shovwer cabin.I dont know what to do in the hall. Any decorative elements?
  • 13 years ago
    I want to have more free space in the living room.
  • 13 years ago
    Also i dont have any ideas?what to do with the recess in the hall.In the rigt side of the entry door.in is 120 sm width.
  • 13 years ago
    height of the ceiling 3.05 sm
  • 13 years ago
    Any ideas?
  • 13 years ago
    Close balcony glass fiber is not allowed
  • 13 years ago
    On the balcony there is a door and a window. Both nearby.
  • 13 years ago
    Width of the window in the living room-1, 80 cm width of the window in the bedroom, 1.60 cm
  • 13 years ago
    Ok, there's no one right answer about how to furnish your space. I'm going to help you see how you can do a great job yourself because ultimately, it's all about how it works for you at this time. First, a smaller space will offer less options, and placement may be dictated by features, such as the balcony wall which is mostly windows - you probably want to keep that clear. So start with the biggest piece which is the couch. I'm guessing the window starts above where the top of a regular sized couch would hit, so that wall may be an option as well as the other two. Think about feel and flow, and what direction is your sun exposure? Consider how the light will fill the room at certain times of day. Having said all of this, the best (and really the only) way to start is to actually have the piece. Place it somewhere. See how it feels. Do you like how the room looks like when you walk into it? Don't put pressure on yourself to have the perfect room right away, your idea of what works best will change - remember that people typically rearrange their furniture every few years! My husband had other ideas about how our living room should look about after a year of living with the current arrangement but it didn't feel right to me - your space is a very subjective and personal thing! And you're thinking about minimal decor so I'd suggest building piece by piece and see how it feels and what you think it needs each time you add something. I'd suggest something textural to warm up a minimal room and make it interesting. Keep looking at spaces on Houzz and pay attention to what makes the space work. Apply this to the bedroom as well - start with the bed and work around that. The little space you have left will dictate the kind of wardrobe you can fit. If it's really tight, a mirrored piece will make it look bigger and feel less closed in. I'm not sure about ceilings, I would consult someone local who can come in and offer advice. Do you have neighbours who are already moved in? You may want to ask if they will let you see what they've done, that can be a huge help in visualising possibilities. Make this a fun project and take pride in creating your home, don't worry too much and remember to add pieces slowly, thinking about what the space needs and what would make you happy. Do this and you'll find it's a lot easier than you expected. Good luck to you!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank u a lot!!!U r great!!!
  • 13 years ago
    You're welcome Shamo, all the best to you!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Shamo, I couldn't help myself and just had to play with this floor plan of yours. First, I would remove the doors from the hall to the living room and from the hall to the kitchen. A possible living room layout is attached. This plan shows a hanging TV...why not be cool, plus all the chairs could be gathered around the large table for poker night, etc. The bench allows for extra seating without blocking the views or the TV. Large art above the sofa and the 2 chairs, built-in bookcase in the niche..... manly and mod!