FIND PROFESSIONALS
marlabe

Bad experiences with Home Depot?

marlabe

I posted recently and someone told of their horrible experience with buying a washer/dryer from Home Depot. Has anyone else had such a terrible experience?

• linkay42

I bought a LG dishwasher and have had no problem with them or LG when I need a repair..

• keeferb

We just got our Maytag washer from our local Home Depot. No problems. We have also ordered a refrig and freezer in the past with no problems with either.

Home Decorators Collection vinyl plank flooring from Home Depot?

Installed home decorators callahan aged hickory in Sept 2018. (1700sq ft $2100 underlayment: $550 flooring: $1550) at the time of purchase I was informed of the 7 year warranty. During install, I had issuess with the tongue and grooves cracking and breaking off. 6 months after install, noticed separation in high traffic areas(between kitchen & bathroom and hallways) thought maybe next time I will used some wood glue. During 2019, I noticed chips and scratches in the flooring from time to time. Went to home depot and pretended to be interested in this same floor but did not reveal that I had already purchased it. I voiced my concern about duribility and they made it clear multiple times that there was a warranty. I said, "Let's see it!" Come to find out the warranty only covers sunlight damage. Let them know that I already purchased the floor in 2018 and was not satisfied. They responded with "well, it's cheap flooring anyways, contact the manufacturer."

Suggestions on buying carpet from Home Depot

Yes, we use a mixture of Home Depot and our local store and I have to say that I get a lot more professional advice/time/customer service from my local store. If we totally know what we're doing, we will go with a HD product. But for advice/better customer service/more product selection, we go with our store. Also, it's true that your local store can probably give you a better deal and they work with better installers. The best installers work with those types of stores. You never know what you'll get with HD. If you have your own installers you can work with, HD might be a good choice. Just depends on what you're doing. I wish you the best in your search.

Wood Blinds Cordless Lift: Levelor vs MyBlinds

Hello noahwee! I'm not sure if you've found anything yet, but we have an awesome selection of Wood Blinds, among other styles, ready for your viewing pleasure here: [2" American Hardwood Wood Blinds[(https://www.houzz.com/products/2-select-american-hardwood-blinds-prvw-vr~5672100) [2" Select Basswood Wood Blinds[(https://www.houzz.com/products/2-select-classic-basswood-wood-blinds-prvw-vr~5672104) We have multiple slat sizes ranging from 1" to 2.5" to give you a little variety in look. There's also an assortment of colors and features for all of our blinds and shades, ad we do offer Cordless Lift on all of our products, depending on size. Let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to discuss blinds with you!

Home Depot quartz vs. local shop

Amy I live in Boston but most of my work is in the northwest suburbs as that is where I used to live and where my warehouse is. I’m in the process right now doing major renovations to my bathroom. Also working with a client who’s doing a kitchen and backsplash. I have used several companies in the past and was not happy with their work. This go round, I decided to ask several builders that I do a lot of work with and trust who they used for their countertops. I was given 2 names- Napolitano Marble and Granite - locations in Beverly and Lawrence (this location is bigger and has remnants) RSK Granite and Stone- Peabody. I went to several other smaller and bigger locations myself but ended up going with Napolitano in Beverly. I am working with Tom and he is great! Fair, honest and not looking to rip you off. You can even tell him I sent you 🙂. Another suggestion- Floor and Decor is a huge warehouse type store, very well organized. I have no idea about the quality of their installation but they have a very large selection and good prices. Might even want to go there just to see other styles. They have 2 locations in MA- Saugus and Avon. Having to buy a whole slab is very costly. I originally picked a quartz top for my bathroom vanity that would have required I do this. Way too expensive. I ended up picking an in stock quartz which saved me a considerable amount of money.
  • oneplustwins

I purchased my washer/dryer from Home Depot. No problems with anything from delivery/set up to getting the refunds and gift cards that I was owed in a timely fashion.

I just purchased a dishwasher, range and microwave/hood from Home Depot last night and I'm expecting them next Friday. I'll repost about that experience later.

• braytonak

We bought our LG washer and dryer from HD in March. It wasn't delivered (due to lack of availability) until mid-May. I think HD did a decent job of taking care of us. When we moved into our new home, HD gave us a loaner washer and dryer (from their scratch and dent pile). They were very similar LG machines to what we ordered, so we had an opportunity to try them out before getting our order. Once our order was ready for final delivery, they found that the dryer had a dent. They gave us 10% off the dryer.

The delivery contractor that HD uses can be hit or miss. The guys that delivered the loaner machines were very rough and didn't exactly know what they were doing. (Haphazardly installed the dryer vent / Didn't turn the water faucet on *completely*, which let it leak from the handle / Rough handling of the machines.) On the flip side, the guys who delivered the machines that we ordered were very careful, communicated with each other about what was going on and communicated clearly with me about the installation process and handed over the shipping bolts, etc.

Considering that I bought the machines on a sale price, the dryer was discounted 10% for dents, a second credit for $200 was issued (due to an expired rebate that needed the serial numbers for submittal) *and* the fact that the store gave away two gas hook-up lines for free... I'm pleased.

There are three Home Depot stores in Anchorage. I go to two of them and they have a good crew. The two Lowe's stores are *consistently* understaffed, staffed with low-quality employees or out of stock on an item that I need.

I'm sure my experience could be completely the opposite in another city. The five or six HD stores are run well in Alaska as far as I can tell.

• vrm2

Don't waste your time with HD rebates! I purchased a dryer from HD and applied for a Home Depot Rebate and after the 30 days of not receiving it I called the rebate department and was told another check would be issued. The following week a check came and I deposited it. It promptly bounced leaving me with no rebate and a 5.00 fee for a returned check. The company says I should have known there was a stopped payment on the check and that it was my fault for trying to cash it. Very upsetting!

• showbizkid

I have had only good times with HD, but I have had awful support from General Electric Service Corp., which carries the extended warranty on my LG washer/dryer set, which I purchased through HD. Watch out for them.

• twebbz

The delivery and set up of my Maytag washer & dryer was a horrible experience. There was a missing stacking adapter and servicemen that hardly spoke English and seemed like they were not trained for the installation of my machines. GE Service Corp was responsible and did give me a $100 check for my troubles.

• jannie

I had a problem with delivery. They refused to take away the old machine. And they refused to hook up my new dryer to the gas line. Very disappointed. I had to call a junk hauler and a plumber. Bah on HD!

• oneplustwins

Home Depot has a national contract with GE Service Corp. They are horrible! I ordered a new dishwasher, range and microwave that arrived for installation last Friday.

Right off the bat, the dishwasher was dented and I refused it. They should have checked for damage before it left the warehouse, obviously it wasn't checked or the drivers had dented it during their deliveries. Next, they refused to install my microwave because I had tile backsplash and they wouldn't be responsible for breakage (even though I told them that I would sign a waiver for breakage since any damaged tile would be hidded behind the microwave anyway and the previous one had been installed over tile with numerous holes) They uninstalled my old microwave, hauled it away and left my new microwave still in it's box in the middle of my kitchen. My DH and I spent two hours on Sunday installing it ourselves. It was a real pain to install--precisely the reason we'd paid for installation. Home Depot refunded my installation fee.

Since my dishwasher couldn't be installed last Friday, I had to arrange to be home yesterday for my new DW to be installed. GE brought an undamaged unit, but took one look at my granite countertops and refused to install the dishwasher saying "we don't install under granite". I pointed out to them that the granite installer had made a cutout under the counter and installed a wood block for the dishwasher screws, but they still refused. They again unstalled the old appliance and left my dishwasher in the middle of my kitchen. I called Home Depot and unloaded my angry tirade. They apologized and said that the installers didn't even have to use the screws on the granite as the dishwasher came with side cabinet mounting brackets. Home Depot apologized and arranged for a plumber to come out today and finally I got my dishwasher installed.

I called GE Service Corp's customer service to complain and I got some snotty young lady with a terrible attitude who finally put me in touch with her supervisor. The supervisor says he's going to send me $50 for my trouble, but I'm not holding my breath.

Home Depot is doing great damage to their reputation by continuing to contract their deliveries out to GE Service Corp. The store manager at my local HD told me that they'd been flooded with complaints since signing up with GE but unfortunately, she was helpless to terminate their services since they have a chainwide contract.

• hittlets

I just purchased the LG washer and dryer combination from Home Depot. I decided to buy from Home Depot because I saw the exact same model at Best Buy for significantly less, and I wanted to take advantage of their price match and 10% guarantee, plus they have the Enerygy Start rebate.

On my first trip to Home Depot, I showed the sales associate (who was the appliance leader) the information on Best Buy's price. I had printed their ad out, and the associated insisted that Home Depot does not match internet prices. I told him that it wasn't an internet sale, that it was the store prive. He told me I could ask the store manager if I could get the match price.

When I went up to talk to the manager, she wouldn't come out and talk to me. The customer service person told me (after talking to the manager) that Home Depot doesn't do the price match. I called another local Home Depot and spoke to a very nice manager who acknowledged the guarantee.

Today I went back to the same Home Depot. I talked to a different manager who gave me the price match, but wouldn't give the 10% because he said Best Buy's price was too low and the 10% would have them lose money. Based on my experiences from this and other groups, I knew I needed additional support.

This aftersoon I called the Home Depot -800- number. The initial representative was very suprised that I had the price match but not the 10% discount. She immediately transferred me to a second level manager who called the Home Depor store I purchased from. She arranged with the store manager to have 10% taked off of the washer, but they didn't take the discount off of the dryer. So, I had to call the store and get them to take 10% off the dryer.

I have to go back to the store and have my purchase re-done. I am sure they are going to refund the original purchase and ring up a new order. I am sure that I am not their favorite customer right now, but they need to honor their guarantee. I checked and double checked for fine print, and there really wasn't any. The machine was not a clearance-type item, it wasn't lumber and it wasn't a special order.

I am looking forward to my new washer and dryer, and I hope that all else goes well. I don't have too high expectations, bt maybe I will be surprised.

• cheez

I went to HD 2 times to purchase a LG washer and dryer. Could not get anyone to wait on me so I went to a local appliance store and purchased a Whirlpool set.

• kayesrus

we had the most awful experience with our local HP. Only a lawyers letter to corporate and maytag and whirlpool and service contract company resolved problems. They took back the maytag epic machine. Never buy from HD. They don't stand behind product if there is problem with the appliance. The delivery service is the worst. Untrained no tools. Forgetaboutit!!!!

• mikeske

I had the same experience as Cheez in the fact that no one would help us and we ended up at a local appliance store and bought a scratch and dent Maytag set in March (it was last years Samsung Neptune MAH9700 and matching dryer) for the price of a top load washer dryer set.

I got a bunch of gift cards for HD that I received as a gift and will use them to buy a freezer or dishwasher but never anything as complicated as a FL.

• dragonfly_

I purchased an LG washer and dryer set from H D. We did have a delivery issue that was quickly addressed by the store manager. He offered an extra 10% off the W D set which we thought was generous. I have received to date all the rebates/gift cards offered with the purchase without any problems.

• premier

I recently purchased a LG FL from home depot and had no problems at all. The sales person was very nice and helpful and the delivery was prompt and they quickly setup the washer and leveled it. No problems at all.

• mayguy

As said, it can be hit and miss on area.. That is with ANY retail stores.

I have gotten a dryer last year, no issues at all, and last Jan, a new front load washer.. Job was done well, the guys hooked up everything with ease.

Rebates are best to be done online.. That way you can see your stats right away.. I never like mailing in ANY rebates.. just never know if it got lost in the mail, or misplaced.

• dualref

We recently bought a Maytag dishwasher from HD and the saleslady could not have been nicer. She really took care of us.
    Of course the installers did not speak English, and I don't speak Spanish good enough to ask them to clean up the mess they left behind. I had to relevel the dishwasher after it was installed, no biggie though.
    The service you receive in your home from HD all depends on how good a installation contractor you get. Curiously, the same thing happened to us when we re-carpeted our living room and dining room. The carpet looked ok installed, but when we vacuumed it we realized that several pieces were installed with the grains running 90 degrees to the other pieces. Home Depot wouldn't fix it as it looked ok. But vacuuming it is a PITA.

• mara_2008

I've bought four appliances from HD in the last year - a fridge last year and a range, and washer/dryer set this year.

When the guys installed the fridge, they dented the side. I called HD about it, and the saleslady told me to photograph the dent with my cell phone and they'd give me a $200 refund. But then we had a medical emergency in our family and I never got around to it. That was my fault, not theirs.

The guys who installed the Maytag Bravos w/d set were Hispanic, but they did speak some English and they did a great job installing them. I could tell they knew what they were doing. Dh was impressed at how quickly they got the washer leveled and got the dryer hooked up. No problems with w/d at all.

They did take the old range away, but would not install the new one. We had no idea they were not experienced at that. I called the store, talked to the gal who had helped us, and she said she could send another guy out to do it, but there would be a fee. It really was a simple matter to install it; I think maybe the problem was that it is a slide-in range, but I'm not totally sure. Dh turned off the power supply at the fuse box and installed it himself. He did a great job.

We got our HD gift card and delivery rebates quickly - I filed them online. Dh got a new lawn mower and really likes it.

Overall, we have been very happy with HD and will definitely buy from them in the future.

I hear such good things about Lowe's, I considered them first, but the Maytags we bought were so much cheaper at HD, PLUS the gift card, PLUS we got the delivery charge back, we saved $$$ at HD.

• czechchick2

I got LG's two years ago and the salesman was very nice, helpfull, and knew his stuff. He explained bunch of details and gave me in store discount that expired couple of days before. Maybe they just really wanted to sell something badly :) Delivery was in 5 days as promised, installed w/ no problem since. They even categorized all the papers for us in individual envelopes, send the registration in for us too.Few months ago we got lawn tractor from HD again and same great service. Salespeople are like waitstaff, some good, some bad. So far we are lucky.

• hedygs

Another unhappy HD customer. We paid for the Maytag Bravos set and set up delivery for two weeks later as we had to do a dryer conversion to gas. A couple of days ago we received a call from Maytag (huh?) telling us our order was cancelled and to contact HD for a refund.

HD now tells us that the inventory showing in the computer was bogus and that whatever we had was shipped out, just not to us. The floor models had already been sold so we are out of luck.

Now I have a gas connection with an electric dryer and no units on the way. I cannot tell you how annoyed I am.

• mara_2008

hedygs, I think I'd call Whirlpool (who owns Maytag) about this, to see what recourse you might have.

The only 800 number I have for Whirlpool is 1-800-854-3943. HTH

• hedygs

Mara the initial cancellation phone call came from Maytag who said the W/D was no longer available. I guess when HD realized they didn't have the 8 sets in their warehouse the contacted Maytag for more stock. Guess not.

HD has been less then helpful in suggesting how to rectify the problem for us. Of course it was because we did buy the set for a very low price.

• zenlady

My experience with HD involved very expensive craftsman style double doors.I purchased in july and it wasn't installed until the end of october.I re-ordered 4 times, first order lost,second one damaged, third one damaged, 4 th one drilled incorrectly I kept the 4th one but had to spend several hundred dollars for "dummy handles and locks.They had the nerve to charge me 5.00 to key each lock.The weather stripping fell off in 3 months and they have yet to replace.I will never buy anything other than a paintbrush or some small item .

• oregpsnow

I bought a LG FL W/D set in Dec 2007. The HD delivery/installers would not even try to install it - said there was not enough room after looking at the area for 10 seconds. I had checked the data sheet for the set and it looked like there was plenty of room. Well, I got my purchase price refunded at the store but they would not refund the install charge, even though it was not installed. I contacted HD customer service and after a few calls they credited my account.

I went to Best Buy, got a Duet Sport set, they installed it with no problem and I am happy after all. In retrospect I think I am glad I didn't end up with the LG.

• countryboymo

I came home to a dented drier that was not caught at install and just signed for. I called the number on the sheet and was told, 'You signed for it, congratulations its yours, have a nice day'. Watch them closely on new appliances.

Oh yeah and they also did not level the fridge at all.

• Brenda Crist

Home depot does not deliver on time. They promised me my products on June 15 and they finally arrived July 26th. It was painful even trying to get it delivered, I had to call more than a dozen times and was finally put in touch with a 3rd tier subcontractor who delivered it. Then a part was broken. So, I have to deal with Home Depot again. After I finish this mess, I will never order from Home Depot again. Their customer service has no clue and their logistics is a big mess. Thank you for letting me vent.

• sushipup1

Home Depot and Lowe's both subcontract all their delivery services, as do many smaller local mom-n-pop businesses.

• mamapinky0

Did you accept the broken appliance? No matter you can still send it back. Sears is the same way, I think all the big box stores are this way..bad for business

• Jody

When I got my dryer, it was broken. Home Depot wasn't the problem, it was Whirlpool. They didn't want to replace the dryer, even though the repairman they sent out told them the dryer would always give me trouble, even if fixed. Home Depot stepped up and gave me a new dryer. It is very frustrating when you get a new item and it is not in pristine condition. I feel for you.

• twebbz

I bought the crappy Maytag MAH2400 compact washer & dryer from Home Depot. The dryer needed major repairs three times on their optional extended warranty. The work was performed very well at no extra cost to me. After ten years with the Maytags, I purchased compact GEs and an extended 5 year warranty again from Home Depot. No regrets.

• cjouelle

Home Depot installation is terrible. They hooked our new washer up with a malfitting hose and left. They didn't follow a single instruction in our manual. No efforts were made to level the machine. No efforts were made to check for leaks. We paid for the installation so that they could take care of the details. They made absolutely no effort. Now we have a leaky unlevel washer.