Software
Houzz Logo Print
lozaka3

Need help w/floorplan of bath/laundry addition

13 years ago
I have a 1200 sq. ft. 1958 ranch house that I want to make some changes in and need help making a decision. plan to live here for about 3-4 years and then use it for a rental property, or sell it – probably rental.

I want to take the 9x12 laundry room and a 4’x9’ closet in the den and turn it into a bath w/stackable laundry center behind bi-fold doors somewhere in the bath. The hot water heater is also in this area. This way when I go to rent/sell the den could also be considered as a bedroom w/ensuite bath. I am going to have some built-in shelving built in the den that could also double as closet space if used as a BR. The den used to be a garage or carport and is a good sized space.

My dilemma…(see my crude sketch) is how to close off/access this area. Should I leave a small walkway from the back door into the space and make the entrance into the bath from the den – it would be so tight. Should I remove the door completely and use all the space and then build an entrance into the den from the living room? If I loose that back door – I can add French doors to small bedroom 3 for egress – because I plan to use that as a dining area anyway (but then I’ll need to build a deck at the same time/planned future project). I am only using bedrooms 1& 2 but I need to be able to sell/rent this as a 3or 4br when the time comes so I would like to have the option to turn BR3 back into a BR and put the dining table back in the living dining area – so new door placement there is critical.

Another thought, If I close that door from the kitchen off, then that throws off the galley kitchen plan and makes the layout awkward and I am not $$$ ready to make changes there right now – if at all.

Help!!! My mind is spinning and any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (5)