Software
Houzz Logo Print
tonysachs

I don't think I want all my clothes in the same room as the toilet

13 years ago
The Living Space Closet - Beverly Hills, CA Residence · More Info

Comments (22)

  • 13 years ago
    No kidding (about clothes and bathroom together)!
    And why is the photo so over-exposed?
  • 13 years ago
    strange room design
  • 13 years ago
    a great woman's dressing room
  • 13 years ago
    Yuck.
  • 13 years ago
    Wouldn't like to take a dump in my closet!
  • 13 years ago
    Take the commode out of there
  • 13 years ago
    Just when you think you've seen everything....
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful closet but a toilet......Eew!!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Isn't that a great place to ponder what you want to wear that day? JK Gross
  • 13 years ago
    The toilet is one thing, but the bath tub? Who wants their clothes in a room with hot water?
  • 13 years ago
    No toilet in closet, just no, no no, no! Why, is this a New York loft? Even then...no.
  • 12 years ago
    really now, it's just too much
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You would not believe what clients ask for sometimes...
  • 12 years ago
    awful, fecal spray travels 6-8 ft
  • 12 years ago
    Its the designers job to educate the client, and tell them why this is such a bad idea. If they still want it. Fine, but why put it on Houzz! Its not good advertising.
  • 12 years ago
    I did a double take.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    A combination bath/dressing area CAN be fabulous--clothes storage needs solid doors for the messier looking items, glass doors with led lighting to showcase designer gowns, purses, handbags, shoes, etc…..toilet needs to be totally separate and hidden…..even a makeup vanity in the right space is fabulous. I have several photos of beautiful bath/dressing areas in my idea book "My Bathroom". I am planning one in my new home and I guarantee it is going to be amazing. When done right it should feel like a retreat, a spa, a place to relax, rejuvenate and just feel pampered. Men have their man caves and garages and I feel this is my guilty pleasure. The cabinetry will be more expensive than even just a really oversized closet. This bathroom is way too small. Hope they are happy with it, that's all that matters!! 0:-)
  • 11 years ago
    The comments are not fair to the design. I agree that the toilet could've been better concealed, but all the critics have to agree that not everyone lives in a huge stand alone home, with a separate room for every function.
    I live in a condo with a descent sized master bathroom with my "master" little closet crammed in a corner. I've been considering a remodeling for a long time and this bathroom has the closest layout to my actual room. My only option is to relocate my shower into the bath tub location and expand my closet towards the toilet. I might put up some sort of wall to block the view of the toilet.

    I have to work with what I have, probably like the clients from the photo had to do.

    Great solution, great design! ;)
  • 11 years ago

    I am sorry but I really dislike the toilet right out in the open with all the clean clothes.

  • 10 years ago
    Toilets can go anywhere, so you can, too! Yay, design.
  • 10 years ago
    Maybe that is all the space they had, and wanted to keep things bright and in the open, but they STILL could've added another glass wall/panel or SOMETHING around the toilet area or split the room in two with glass. It would keep shower moisture and poo spray away from the clothes. Maybe they'll see all of these comments and decide to take some of our advice!
    Fingers crossed!