Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (5)

• clean_freak
    14 years ago

Oceanside Glasstile makes a ton of different mosaics and I'm fairly certain you'll find something that matches. Walker-Zanger also shows their tile in their catalog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oceanside Glass Tile

• hestia_flames
    14 years ago

Hi, the text in the first link states that it is polished marble tile - it also looks a lot like my Oceanside Veil tile. I tried to link to the exact page, but I can only link to the image. It looks more "pink" in the photo than it does in real life.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• penelopejosephine
    14 years ago

You might take a look at the Sicis line of tiles (sicis.com). I was looking at their polished carrara marble mosaic, but they have a large line of glass as well. I love your inspiration photos!

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

I emailed Kraftmaid the other day about this! I even posted about it too! I think it just might be the Oceanside Veil. Haven't heard back yet from Kraftmaid. I'll post the link to my question and answers below, just in case someone had more information there.

I just love this backsplash. What counters/cabinets do you have? I'm working with ivory cabinets on the perimeter, and Bianco Antico granite (templated today--can't be any more excited! We went back to the shop and picked out where to put the templates....oh yeah! Installation scheduled for the 21st.)

I will need to make sure to follow this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Backsplash Kitchenmaid Question

• hestia_flames
    14 years ago

beekeeperswife,

I'd recommend that you go to a high end tile store to "see" mounted tiles. You can bring a sample board back to your house to view it in your home with your cabinets/countertop. ( They sound like a gorgeous combination!) The backsplash could be any number of blends. While I think it is Veil, the squares look pretty tiny compared to mine. Oceanside has a smaller mosaic field called "Facets" = For some reason, I can't copy the page info. Go to the link below, then click on products/by collection/facets/blends and you can see "Veil" in half inch tile. I am fairly certain that it will be very pricey, quite a bit more than the Veil in the one inch tile.

Other ideas:
    "Susan Jablon Mosaics" has "White Out!" in her "Ice is Nice" collection that it may be.
    http://www.susanjablonmosaics.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1205

Or, look at Hakatai "Cloud White Irridescent"
    http://www.hakatai.com/Cloud-White-Iridescent-P628C24.aspx

I'm not sure if the reason for my choice of backsplash will help you. We did it sort of backwards - I have purchased what I like that is high quality over long periods of time at a very low price - most of it works, however while I love the price, practicality and lay out of of my well built (albeit second hand) QuakerMaid cabinets we installed, I am now trying to convince my dh to let me paint them. And while I really love my butcher block countertops in most of my kitchen, I really want Danby Marble in my baking area.

We are somewhat stalled at the moment, and hope to be able to continue in a few weeks. Life is rich. I wish that I could show you a picture of the backsplash installed. I can't even show you a picture of the fronts of the tiles, as they are paper faced. Sorry.

I purchased the Oceanside Veil Glass Tile on Craigslist (leftover from a job). FYI, is usually about $35 a square foot for that one inch tile blend. I paid a lot less. (Some of their more complicated patterns run upwards of $65 a square foot - it wouldn't surprise me if the Facets run close to $50, as the tile is hand crafted - the smaller the tile, the more tile that needs to be handled per square foot = an increase in cost.)

Hope this helps.

Hestia

Here is a link that might be useful: Oceanside