Software
Houzz Logo Print
giacomo_it

almost done!! amazing kitchen task [pictures].

16 years ago

I cannot find the old post but I will like to share latest wonderful project!!

soon will be finish and I hope to have a professional photographer for this project.

From Hinsdale_ Kitchen
From Hinsdale_ Kitchen

click for more..and stay tune for more pictures!!

I hope these project will inspire more people to go modern!! :-)

Comments (19)

  • 16 years ago

    If you lived closer and could have done our kitchen, we might have been tempted...!

    Looks gorgeous!

  • 16 years ago

    Wow...that is gorgeous...the epitome of clean lines. I really look forward to seeing this when done. FABULOUS!!!

  • 16 years ago

    I hope that when you complete this kitchen you will be able to give us the details--brands, models, finishes, etc. It is not my usual style at all and yet I am very impressed. My DS2 would absolutely flip over it. You have done a masterful job here. Congratulations.

  • 16 years ago

    Simple, elegant with great, crisp lines! Stunning!

  • 16 years ago

    cat_mom
    I did 1 kitchen in NY without flying there and turn out perfect!
    also I did one in napa with 2 visit :-)
    one in the beginning for measurement and then at the delivery.

    Both project I'm very happy how they turn out and also the clients are very happy. :-)

    so... next time .. ;-) actually if I can ask where do you live? maybe I will consider doing a vacation trip :-)

    ciao ciao

  • 16 years ago

    Congrats giacomo, it looks beautiful. I love the sink.

    Go Modern! :)

  • 16 years ago

    Gorgeous. Modern, modern, rah, rah, rah!!

  • 16 years ago

    Great job Giacomo. Love the colours and feeling of space.

  • 16 years ago

    Bellissimo, Giacomo! Che piacere vedere questa bella cucuina!

  • 16 years ago

    Ah Giacomo, our kitchen is now 3 years post reno, and while it is not a Giacomo creation, we are pretty happy with it. :-) I do love and admire modern kitchens (we call ours organic contemporary, but it's also been called mid-century modern).

    We're actually in NY, about 40 min-1 hr north of NYC.

  • 16 years ago

    Oh Giacomo, whenever I see you've posted a thread, my eyes light up. I KNOW it's going to be gorgeous. What a treat to open this thread and see the photos of the beautiful kitchen.

    I can't wait to read more details. Particularly about the backsplashes.

    Also, I notice there are no handles anywhere except the fridge. Is that because you have not installed handles yet, or because you are having the most minimalist look possible?

  • 16 years ago

    I'm looking forward to details and the final pictures too! This is really a gorgeous look, and what's not to love with all those surrounding windows.

    I noticed this is in Hinsdale; I'm in the next town (Clarendon Hills.) There are some lovely homes in the area and this is certainly one of them!

  • 16 years ago

    What type of undermount lighting did you use and is there a lightrail (if so how high) on the cabinets?

  • 16 years ago

    I really love it - and even though it is modern, I think the simple lines mean it will never really go out of style. There will always be people that will gravitate to such a beautiful look. Its a bit like Art Deco or Mid Century reinvented.

  • 16 years ago

    Wonderful! Will the dishwasher not have handles? How?

  • 16 years ago

    akchicago
    the backsplash at the cooktop is tiles of carrara marble.

    the backsplash at the bar area is "pietra dell'essere" by Impronta .. of course italian company.

    The whole kitchen is handleless but when I design the kitchen I suggested to the owner with gaggenau/thermadors columns take have handleless look. But when the client went to a famous BIG appliances store in Chicago area the sales man sold to her the subzero fridge. :-( .. so unfortunately I couldn't changed the client idea.

    lisadlu
    the lights under the wall unit are halogen but I have a trick! to hide them ;-)

    Emily_mb
    yes the 2 dishwashers are also handleless.. the kitchen is designed to have a groove between countertop and cabinets and there is a recess to grab the dw door. if I find a picture I will posted.

  • 10 years ago

    I know this post is quite old but was wondering what brand you used for the Hinsale kitchen cabinets?

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks, kiktx!