Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimsdesigns2

how much would it cost to have something like this done?

kimsdesigns2
11 years ago
im sure that the price would depend on the size of the kitchen or wherever is being decorated, but could you just give me like a basic price or estimated price? Thanks!!
Aquarium Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Thomas Deir Studios
    11 years ago
    Hi Kim, aloha from Hawaii! This particular kitchen is a custom designed and handpainted permanent tile mural. All the tiles were fired three times to achieve the level of reality and detail. They are so permanent they can be put outside in direct sunlight or even underwater in a pool. The custom aspect can be expensive, and most of the reef scene kitchen I do are in the $10,000 budget range. Although I do have custom Palm frond murals that are $3000 and bamboo murals that are $5000. These are original works of art.
    I have had clients who have had a more modest budget and we have done reproductions on tile for the stove backsplashes for less than $1000. Every project is unique in my goal is always to satisfy the client and work within a budget.
    Attached are a few pictures, but to see more go to my website at www.ThomasDeir.com
    I am doing a project in Florida and Texas right now so logistics are not a problem.

Aloha from Hawaii!
    Thomas Deir
  • 63judy
    10 years ago
    what is the name of the counter top that has the blue in it?
  • Juliet Winokur
    9 years ago
    I would like to have information about backsplash with the underwater designs and if you could give information if you could do it in a Florida condo.
  • PRO
    Thomas Deir Studios
    9 years ago
    Aloha Juliet, sure, I do a lot of murals in Florida! The best way is for you to send me pictures and rough dimensions (thomasdeir@hawaii.rr.com). Then I'll follow up with a phone call and some questions and you can share more details and we can estimate a budget.
    Looking forward to seeing your condo and its potential.
    Sincerely, Thomas