Software
Houzz Logo Print
ejbrymom

Which white paint did you use for kitchen cabinets?

16 years ago

I know many of the finished kitchens I have seen on this forum have white painted cabinets could you please share the name & brand of the paint you used? Thank you!

Also if you could post a pic of your kitchen cabinets that would be helpful also!

I hope to select a white paint color and begin the painting process after the new year.

TIA!

Comments (17)

  • 16 years ago

    We used Cabico Cabinets painted Benjamin Moore Cloud White (not to be confused with White Cloud).

  • 16 years ago

    I used Benjamin Moore Aura - White Dove.

  • 16 years ago

    I used Benjamin Moore White Dove - oil based. The cabinets are a beautiful soft white - not hospital like. The counters are soapstone and the back splash tile is a mix of subway and marble. I chose the paint color after I chose the subway tile so the color match would be spot on. There are so many whites and wanted the tile to have the same undertones. Watch for this as so many people do not and then the tile looks dingy or off.

    Here is the link! Good luck!

    Here is a link that might be useful: White Dove kitchen

  • 16 years ago

    Our cabinets are BM Chantilly Lace in Satin Impervo waterbourne.

    Our paneling is BM White Heron in Regal Pearl finish. That's another good cabinet color.

  • 16 years ago

    We used Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace.

    Here is a link that might be useful: My renovation blog

  • 16 years ago

    I used BM Cloud White as well. Judydel, I didn't know that you used that color! I really like it.

    I used an oil based paint, so I am expecting a bit of yellowing, but am ok with it, I sort of planned on it. I could have chosen a creamier white, but went with this one because it worked, as well as if turned a bit creamier.

  • 16 years ago

    I used Benjamin Moore Mascarpone and love it. Like WillowDecor I selected the tile first. There are thousands of paint colours and so few tiles that you will like.

    You can try out all the different colours on the Benjamin Moore website but remember, just like looking at the pictures here, the colour will look very different on your actual cabinets than it does on your monitor. I bought little sample jars and painted the cabinets wall many times before I was happy. Good luck!

  • 16 years ago

    Yes, Redroze, you were my inspiration to use the Chantilly Lace! It is just slightly different from the White Heron to offset all the white that DH wanted. Of course, the blues offset the whites quite well.

  • 16 years ago

    We used BM 925 Ivory White. It is a creamy white and looks good with our wood floors, Kashmir Gold granite and wall paint. We like it. Good luck.

    Beth

  • 16 years ago

    I used BM Simply White. I had seen a kitchen with it, but I don't remember whose now. I love the color. My fan deck, however, does not resemble the color chip I got at the store, so I'm not sure if they changed the formula over the years?? Anyway, it is really pretty and fresh. I also did all my trim and ceilings this color. I am going to post some pictures of my finished kitchen soon.

  • 16 years ago

    I'm painting mine BM Linen White.

  • 16 years ago

    Oil based BM White Dove on cabinets and all trim. Creamy white with no yellow undertones. No regrets.

  • 16 years ago

    beekeeperswife yes I did use cloud white. I was surprised, though, that when I got the cabinets from Cabico, the color didn't match the trim that I also painted cloud white. It still goes together, but not an exact match as you'd expect. All and all I also really like it.

  • 16 years ago

    I'm another big fan of BM Simply White! It's soft enough but without any yellow, gray, blue, or peach undertones.

    Kat :)

  • 16 years ago

    This is very helpful! The kitchens you shared are beautiful! Please keep the responses coming. TY

  • 16 years ago

    Benjamin Moore "Lambskin" Floors are oak with no stain.

  • 16 years ago

    Our cabinets are still at the cabinetmaker's shop, so no pictures. The paint color is BM bone white. We saw the color in the shop and in the kitchen of another client. It's a creamy color and looks different on all the cabs we've seen from the chips in the paint store and on the web site.
    Good luck. This is a hard decision to make. (Like any of them seem easy these days....smiles)