debbielcastellvi
January 19, 2015
drapery for arch windows in a family room off the kitchen

Comments (11)

• debbielcastellvi
    thank you I really need some ideas
  • PRO
    Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
    I would do full length split panel drapery on rod with rings and mount rod 6" below ceiling. This will support room's great height.
  • PRO
    DeCocco Drapes
    Definitely full length drapes and hang them high. The room will be a show stopper!!
  • tsudhonimh
    I'd have the full-length drapes, and add a bottom-up rolled or honeycomb blind for privacy to the bottom square window part.
  • Bette P
    Custom white shutters would be tempting. They are so tall, I don't know how easily a split drapery panel would be to open and close.
  • PRO
    Finishing Touches

I too would do long full length drapes. You could also follow the arch with medallions and have the drapes hang from medallions and pulled back.

• slkpeoriaaz

I'm facing a similar dilemma only my window is much wider. What type of medallion and where would I search for one?

• PRO
    Finishing Touches

There are so many options for medallions. You can choose from wood, rod iron, or resin. If you do a search online for medallions, a bunch of vendors will pop up. Here are some photos of drapes on medallions.

The Timbers Traditional Residence · More Info

It's all in the details- Detail shots · More Info

Finishing touches · More Info

• slkpeoriaaz

Thank you!

• PRO
  • PRO
    Fenstermann LLC

Hey There: We are specialized in pleated blinds for odd shape windows...please visit us for some ideas at www.PleatedBlindsStore.com for more information...

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).