Software
Houzz Logo Print
123remodeling

MODERN BATHROOM - Before and After - Downtown Chicago Condo

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

Let us know how we did!

After:




Before:


We'd love to hear your feedback!


You can find more of our condo remodeling projects here: http://123remodeling.com/project-gallery/high-risecondo-remodels/

http://123remodeling.com/

Comments (41)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Beautifully done!

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Retractable Screens, LLC
  • 11 years ago
    Beau, moderne, fonctionnel, très joli
    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked flo18
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    merci! :)


  • 11 years ago

    Do people not love a good soak anymore?? I couldn't live without my tub!!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Wow, what a transformation! Love the shower.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Barn Light Electric Company
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @BungalowMo, pulling the tub out of a Master Bath and replacing it with a walk-in shower has become very common for us. However, we often hear families and homeowners will "keep the tub in their guest bathroom".

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I would love to have a tub, I really enjoy soaking. However, joint problems make getting in and difficult and even dangerous. The gorgeous tubs I see in pictures of remodels are rarely accessible for anyone other than the very limber and young.

    BTW this is very similar to what I'm installing, so I'm a fan. The over the toilet cabinet does look a little odd.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked User
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @adivra Yes, a lot of people prefer walk-in showers because they are easily accessible.


  • 11 years ago

    Like the transformation a lot! If it were not for the resale of a home, I wouldn't have a tub. I feel dirty afterwards and shower anyways. I guess I don't enjoy them enough to bother with them. Funny how we're all so different in our likes and dislikes.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked psmljj
  • 11 years ago

    I think it looks beautiful. Only concern is the inward swinging shower door. I thought by code they had to swing outward in case someone falls. Perhaps this one swings both ways......

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @mamadubbs, that is a great point. Our Project Managers ensure everything remains within building/civil code... but I am going to bring them into this conversation so that we give a full answer to your valid question.

  • 11 years ago

    I guess I'm very uncommon....

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Perhaps the shower door swings both ways. If not, it should definitely swing out.
  • 11 years ago

    Lovely job.@bungalowmo-you are not alone. I'm without right now & really!! miss it.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    It is a custom frameless door that swings in both directions.


  • 11 years ago

    Lovely job. I have to say that I hate niches. Can't understand putting all that time and effort into great design and then having plastic shampoo bottles front and center. Pet peeve.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Lila
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @Lila A lot of design choices come down to convenience vs aesthetics.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Very nice job. Only change I would have made is not putting the shower niche in the center of the shower where the illuminated pink shampoo bottles become the focal point of the room. A niche is a nice feature but put it in the corner or under the shower head.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked User
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @quercus2 Yeah, one thing that a lot of people like to do is buy shampoo and conditioner bottles that match the shower.


  • 11 years ago

    Or some people just stash bottles when they have company. Regardless, the bathroom is amazing from the before picture.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked psmljj
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    123 Remodeling ... I find it hard to believe that people do that. The people in this house certainly did not.

  • 11 years ago
    I think I could live in your shower. :). What a beautiful transformation!
    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked mnester17
  • 11 years ago

    Our professionally installed frameless shower door swings both in and out; I'm guessing this is the same. I imagine that, for the picture to be less reflective, the photographer chose to swing it inward versus into the bathroom space itself. If so, it's not a safety hazard at all. No worries.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked einsteinkitty
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @einsteinkitty You are exactly right


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Here are some before and after pics of the other bathroom in the same condo:

    http://123remodeling.com/master-bathroom-remodel-100-e-huron-st-chicago-il-downtown-loop/

  • 11 years ago

    There are lovely containers for your shampoo etc, but a better solution would be to put the niche in a more unobtrusive spot, handy in the shower but not so eye-catching.

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked pdk920
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Love it!


    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Drawer Essentials
  • 11 years ago

    Exquisite!

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Talianko Design Group, LLC
  • 11 years ago

    This is not a walk in shower that is accessible. The lip is an obstacle for people in wheelchairs


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Excellent job! GO CHICAGO rehabbers!

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Resolution Specialist Inc.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Resolution Specialist Inc., it is a great city to work in, isn't it ! ? !

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Beautiful shower!

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked May Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Great job

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked Addition Building & Design, Inc.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Nice job!

    123 Remodeling Inc. thanked User
  • 11 years ago

    Looks great...and exactly what we are looking to do in our condo!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    David, if you are in the Chicago area, we would be happy to set up a free in-home consultation. :)

    773-685-6095

  • 11 years ago

    we are looking at just removing a tub and putting in a stand up shower. the rest of the bathroom is in great shape (as is the tub) but because of physical issues, a tub just won't work for us. is this something you do?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    This transformation looks great!