Software
Houzz Logo Print
kdkatnks

Is there a complementary FX180 countertop that goes with Slate Sequoia

11 years ago
We have an L-shaped kitchen with a separate island area. We have honey oak cabinets and medium wood-look flooring; slate appliances. I would like to use two different countertops in the kitchen. I can't paint the oak cabinets, but have almost talked him into letting me paint the island. I would appreciate suggestions for countertops, preferably the FX180, please. Thank you very much.
Contemporary Kitchen · More Info

Comments (9)

  • 11 years ago

    Hi. I have purchased the slate sequoia countertops. My cabinets are medium-dark oak .... any suggestions for flooring and backsplash....need help lol!!!!

  • 9 years ago

    Is this countertop a regular thickness?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi @guitarmarj - There is no real "regular" thickness to a laminate countertop. It all depends on how the fabricator builds up the substrate. Postform tops are typically 1.5", Ideal Edge countertops are 1.25", but depending on the look you are wanting, you can have a countertop built to your liking. Hope this helps!

  • 9 years ago

    What is the edge on this island counter top please?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    That is a square or self edge. Thanks!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Greetings Formica,
    I have the same situation as the original commentor (I'm doing my island in Sequoia Slate and want the countertops to be different). I prefer a light, totally solid color for the countertops; I find that easier as a work space.
    Do you think Desert Beige will go well as countertops, or would Almond be better?
    Thank you, Chris

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Chris - we think both colors coordinate equally well. The beauty of the Slate Sequoia is that there is a nice blend of neutrals in the pattern, so you could select pretty much any color in this color family and it would work well.

    The Almond is a lighter, more yellow color and the Desert Beige is darker and more golden - so it's really your personal preference what color you choose.

  • 8 years ago

    Hi,

    I would personally go for a color like Marble Cappuccino in theirhigh pressure laminate. I could be a beautiful agency of colors in your kitchen.