Software
Houzz Logo Print
karlie_borzansky

Need help arranging!

11 years ago
Ok! So this is what my living room looks like now. We are waiting to put the coffee table back in place, once the TV gets wall mounted, so please note that. My questions are...

1. Should I walk mount the TV, or find a stand?
2. Do we like this coffee table?
3. Would a console table look good on the back of the couch to be utilized as like a small bar dining area with bar stools
4. Should I place this small bar table from CB2 somewhere In the room?

*trying to work with a 650sq.ft apartment.

Comments (17)

  • 11 years ago
    Here's a photo with the coffee table in place
  • 11 years ago
    tv on wall, no on that coffe table. find a glass top one, or use a square ottoman that will do double duty as a table and extra seating space. turn the carpet 90 degrees. move the sofa foward and add behind it a console table and stools with no backs under it.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Hi, yes definitely mount the TV on the wall with media cabinet below or place on a media cabinet (cabinet should be narrower in depth and at least 25% wider than TV, if you have the space). Below is just an example from West Elm. I like the white color for your space but it looks like you may need something wider (based on TV size). Is there space for a wider one?

    I like the style of the coffee table but agree that a glass top table would give the illusion of more space in that area. If you prefer wood, perhaps something narrower and oval in shape since there are a lot of square/angular shapes already in the room (TV, future TV cabinet, rug pattern, sofa, lamp shade).

    I would also say that from what I can tell in the 2nd picture you posted above, there's not a lot of space behind the sofa for a console table and especially one with chairs. In your space, I would suggest to try and not cram in too many extra pieces of furniture, especially if it's a piece that's not needed on an everyday basis (for essential storage purposes, etc.).

    It looks like there's space for a slim or smaller sized side table next to the sofa....which could be handy for you and guests to set drinks on. Examples below of a couple styles. I suggested the mirrored one since it will also look "visually light" as well as help reflect more light in the space. The other slim, midcentury style side table with a white top would work too (and I like the additional shelf space below).

  • 11 years ago

    PS what is at the area across from the blank living room wall? If you can post more pictures of this space plus of the space behind the sofa, that may help with better suggestions on room layout, furniture, etc.

    Just thinking that if there is more room in the area across from the blank wall, you could perhaps mount the TV on the blank wall, then move the sofa to face it. Then maybe a console with stools can be placed behind the sofa OR a high table with chairs.

  • 11 years ago

    Yes, we like the coffee table. If this is an apartment, I wouldn't bother to mount the TV, but would get a media cabinet instead. If you keep this arrangement, no to the console behind the couch. There isn't room.

    Is it possible to turn the whole arrangement 90 degrees clockwise so the TV is on the wall where the lamp currently is? Would you gain anything by doing that?


  • 11 years ago

    We especially love the red sofa. We are, however, missing the art. Here it is with a bit of an industrial vibe:


  • 11 years ago
    I appreciate all of you for responding! This is the biggest design Dilemma of my life! Here are some more photos so that you can see the space (ignore the crap as I'm moving in :)

    * was thinking that CB2 high bar top could go where the bar cart is?
  • 11 years ago
    Also- I will try moving everything tomorrow to face the white wall with the lamp! And send you photos
  • 11 years ago

    Oh wow, what an awesome view! No wonder why you don't want to orientate your sofa with its back toward the windows.....so I may have to recant my suggestion above and say to keep your sofa in place so that the view can still be seen when lounging in front of the TV. :-)

    How wide is that CB2 high bar top and how wide is that wall where the bar cart is currently? It looks like you do need some type of eating area....

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    On the blank wall across from that gorgeous view, maybe a large round mirror above a slim console or even a floor mirror set behind a glass/acrylic type console (see example below) would work? This would be a great way to highlight more of that view as well as reflect more light into the space during the day....plus give you more surface space for display or a little bit of table top storage? If there's no room for a console, just a mirror on that wall would be great.

    Also could a "right-sized" drop leaf table fit somewhere in your space (set against a wall) to create some sort of dining area for you?

    Contemporary Residence Boca Raton, Florida · More Info

    Lulu Dining Room · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    Thanks Avery!

    The wall space is probably about 5-5.5ft and the bar table is 36". Let me know what you think!

    Here's a pic with great seattle weather!
  • 11 years ago
    I have something against dropleaf for some reason, but I really tried to make this table fit, I think there's not enough room. But my heart loves it.

    Love your mirror idea!
  • 11 years ago

    Yes I think that could possibly work especially if one side of the table is set as close to that wall as possible with 3 stools surrounding the other sides like shown in that CB2 pic you posted above.

  • 11 years ago

    Above the high top table on the wall would also be a good spot to feature a large piece of artwork or a vertical grouping if art.



  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Oh btw, I love that round (marble top?) table you posted above too.....I would've probably been heart-broken as well if it didn't work for us......such a beautiful table and style wise is so perfect for your space!

    But for that beautiful view, I may also be ok with those types of compromises.... :-)

  • 11 years ago

    I can't tell what I like best: the red sofa, the view, or the AWESOME BULLY! I'd forget about changing the orientation of the furniture. Avery's suggestion for a mirror to reflect the view is great.