Software
Houzz Logo Print
sfaith

How many pendant lights over island?

11 years ago

I've read many articles about this and am torn. We're building a french country home with a large 90"x75" island in the kitchen. The ceilings are 11'. The kitchen total size is 16x16 with lots of light and open space. White cabinets on perimeter with a black island - all white Quartz countertops.

The pendant of choice is 12"W x 20"H. I want to both make a statement with the lighting choice and provide enough light for the island area (these hold 1-60w bulb each).

I'm not sure whether I should purchase two or three of these, given that they're on the heavy side... But they are white (which helps lighten the feel). I have two 24"x36" french chandeliers currently, over my 99"x53" island and love them. The thin frame style, and them being white distressed, makes it work. Hoping to get a similar effect in our new kitchen, but with smaller pendants.

Thoughts?


Comments (20)