Software
Houzz Logo Print
iamktb

Need help with kitchen remodel in a mobile home

11 years ago

I am remodeling a 1973 double wide for my retirement home. The kitchen is dark and the entry from LR/DR to kitchen is narrow and claustrophobic. The ceiling is cathedral type. I want to open the kitchen up to the LR. It will bring in lots of light and I will be able to see out the front windows from my kitchen. I want the dividing wall to not have any overhead cupboards. In other words as you enter the house there would be a 10 ' by 56 inch wall to your left with the kitchen and FR visible. Question is will the height of the wall look peculiar? The kitchen side would have base cabinets and stove and I would anchor the end of the wall with a column or post. I don't want to reduce the open space by adding a hood or exhaust. In my mind's eye I see the space as one large area with LR/DR on right, kitchen and FR to left with no high walls separating the areas.

Comments (2)