Software
Houzz Logo Print
laura_silver

Stone fireplace

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

We are building a house and we have gray walls. Right now they are light gray but I am going to paint the walls a few shades darker. I went around to different houses to try to pick out stone for our house. I love the stone on the front of the house but hate it on the fireplace. The mortar is so dark (they just installed the bottom half yesterday and top half and sitting piece today). I picked the stone on the left but it looks nothing like it! Ours is on the right. Is it the mortar and will it dry lighter? I think it looks horrible with the gray walls. Is there a way to lighten the mortar?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz