Software
Houzz Logo Print
maroper

Cabinets - Barker Cabinets

11 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Barker Cabinets (barkercabinets.com) I am impressed with their web site. Sites says real wood. Also seems to have many more selections than other ready made cabinets and you can choose any size.

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago

    Google them with the terms 'reviews' and 'complaints' and see what you come up with. And DON'T buy something just because you're impressed with their website!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    These are RTA cabinets. Are you prepared to deal with that?

  • 11 years ago
    I just purchased Barker Cabinets and could not be more delighted. Super tough quality, sturdy, beautiful, functional and most of all a tremendous value. It took my brother and I 6 hours to unpack and assemble a 24 by 16 kitchen worth of cabinets with a 10 foot island. It took us another 6 hours to install. I saved more than 50% off of Home Depot or Lowes best price.
  • 11 years ago

    Barker (and Conestoga) are high quality, customizable cabinets. You'll save money if you can assemble them yourself. Curster, you are fast! It took me, my dad (skilled tradesman) and my husband 3 days just to assemble our 11 by 13 Conestoga kitchen.

  • 11 years ago
    Barker is assembled using screws, please see the video. Conestoga are glued and nailed. I unpacked, organized and assembled 26 cabinets in 6 hours = 13 minutes per cabinet. When you factor in a few bathroom breaks and a beer or two it actually took us less than 10 minutes per cabinet for Barker.

  • 11 years ago

    Cool, thanks for the video.

  • 10 years ago
    We did Barker cabinets in our kitchen and laundry room. They are easy to assemble. The boxes are sturdy. The hinges and glides are very nice. The best part is how customizable they are.
    We had a slight mix up in our shipment and they were so responsive. They came in thousands under our lowest estimate.
  • 9 years ago

    My experiences with Barker Cabinets have been wonderful. They helped me match one new cabinet to my existing cabinets a few years ago, and it came out perfectly. So when we decided to remodel the whole kitchen this year, they were my first stop. Last week, I assembled all the cabinets myself despite limited experience, skill or strength (I'm a 54 year old woman with a desk job.) The youtube videos were extremely helpful. There's also a forum for general questions, plus you can email questions directly to them. My contractor is so impressed with the quality that he wants to used Barker Cabinets from now on.

    I know I sound like a spokesperson, but am really not. I just love that it's a US company that uses US made fixtures as much as possible. And the prices were better than anything else of similar quality. Can't wait to see the kitchen all finished with the countertops and everything.

  • 9 years ago

    curster b_ledosquet


    How long did it take you guys to get your order? I just placed mine this morning and am curious to know if your orders took as long as their advertised lead time (50-55 days for painted) or if that lead time is an over exaggerated one so that they can over perform by delivering within or sooner that frame.

    Very excited about the cabinets.

  • 9 years ago
    Between 7-8 weeks.
  • 9 years ago

    b_ledosquet Thanks! What state are you in?

  • 9 years ago

    mangoway How long did it take you to get your order? I just placed mine this morning and am curious to know if your orders took as long as their advertised lead time (50-55 days for painted) or if that lead time is an over exaggerated one so that they can over perform by delivering within or sooner that frame.

    Very excited about the cabinets.

  • 9 years ago
    Washington
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Used them and recommend them all the time on here. Great Co especially for doors as you can't build them for what they sell them for.

    One note is if you are doing paintable cabinets have them do at least the primer coats if not the entire color application. MDF door edges are hard to seal with fuzz. Or simply upgrade to all wood but I would still have them at the least primed.


  • 9 years ago

    akaur007, it did take a long time. I was including weekends in # of days, but they don't. So an order placed in late Aug arrived in early Nov.

  • 9 years ago

    mangoway Thanks! What state are you in?

  • 9 years ago

    California